Hurricane Ike

bacho

Ike is one mean nasty bugger. From the tracking modules, it looks like it's taking a similar path that Rita took. If that's the case, I will be getting hit with it. We had alot of flooding and wind damage around here from Rita.

My prayers are for the people and vendors that live directly in line of it's path. Looks like Houston will get hammered which affects dperry. It's also going to be headed to the Dallas area (pusherman), then continues into Oklahoma City (Lurker). Our Dallas headquarters is on alert for the weekend.

Y'all check in once in a while so we know you are safe. If you can! ;)

The winds will be down to 45 when it does pass to the east of Dallas. It will be real close to pusherman's house. It will effect all of us at the pump with it going straight into Galvaston Bay if those refineries get flooded or damaged real bad. We have gas stations that are out of gas right now in my city. I found some after a few stops and they had a sign asking people to limit their purchase to 10 gallons.

Isn't funny how when something like this happens we all automatically think of the VENDiscuss members who may live in that area?

I have always done the same thing. I don't know where everyone lives off the top of my head but when disaster, or even good things happen to certain geographic areas around the country I make an effort to look at the member list and see who is affected.

Good luck to all those in Ike's path. we all wish you the best and will see you on the other side! (of the storm, that is! :D)

Steve

Just checking in. We lost power for 24 hours. A pine tree fell across power lines. We had one fall, missing the house by a few feet. Got alot of cleaning up to do. We only got tropical storm winds but it was emough to do some damage around here. There was gusts up to 70 mph.

Hope everyone else was as lucky as we were.

Glad you made it through alright Bacho!

I was expecting some sort of service interruptions here on VENDiscuss as well. Our forum is housed on a server in Houston so I thought an interruption was inevitable. I spoke with tech support and they told me that they had backed everything up ahead of the storm and moved sites from those servers to their back up server in Dallas as a precaution. Now thats what I call service! :D

Steve

All members,

This is why we call ourselves a vending family. We care about everyone, not just on a business level, but on a personal level.

If we are a family it would be important to know where in the world you live. Could you all take 30 seconds to update your profile and add your town and state. (Don't be afraid, we will not stop by without an invite.)

Here's how you do it:

1. Go to the menu tab in the top left corner on the front page of VENDiscuss.com

2. Click on MY ACCOUNT

3. Click on PROFILE

4. Fill in your CITY

5. Fill in your STATE

That's it. Less than 30 seconds and now we know where you are. What time is dinner? Only kidding.

Gary