More questions about starting a vending business

spruebucket

New To This

Hi all, I am a 46 year old male who wants to start his own vending business. But I have questions and no answers. Please help.

Where should I start?

What kind of insurance do I need to have?

Should I get new machines or used ones?

Do you pay rent or anything else for the space you use?( Electricity )

What does it cost to start a small vending business?

Has anyone ever heard of USA-Canada Vending Group Inc?

This company has advertised in my local newspaper, for $15,000 they will sell you 5 new Combo Machines (9 Snacks and 6Drinks) and help you pick out your locations. Is this a good place to start.

I would be very grateful for any advice or helpful hints I would receive.

Thank You

Bill

Sorry I have a picture but my scanner does not work. I am from The US. On the brochure it says Refreshment Center. Snack/can/Bottle  All in 1 vendor.

It looks like a blue machine with a Bill changer attached to it. It has 9 snacks on top and 6 drinks on the bottom. The name could be Refreshment Center 3. I hope this helps.

Thank You

Bill

Is this the machine you are looking at, Bill?

Item No. BC300

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Optional Dollar Bill Changer

Posted Image

Individual Mechanical

Coin Mechanism

Refreshment Center 3

Hi Bill,

I know its hard to start  a business when you can't find the answer around. I am glad that you are interested in a vending venture. Can I past on something that might be helpful to you and at the same time you can help others as well.

Please consider healthy and or organic vending. If you do so focus on schools in what ever area that you plan to have the vending machine at. I mention in another forum about doing a google search on vending distributorship or vending locations. Maybe you can do that as a start.

There is also a company in Los Angeles that deals with healthy vending that, I am sure would be glad to answer any of your questions about the business. Contact them on your business question. Look them up, the company info is on their website.

here is the link to it: vendnatural 

Start your healthy vending busisness and save our kids at the same time.

Gary00

This company has advertised in my local newspaper, for $15,000 they will sell you 5 new Combo Machines (9 Snacks and 6Drinks) and help you pick out your locations. Is this a good place to start.

bill this really, really sounds like a biz op company. i do not do drink or snack machines so i do not know for sure.

if it is a biz op dont give them any money until you talk to some of these guys that run drink and snack routes. i am sure that they will be able to point you in the right direction. i am sure that there is alot better equipment out there for a much better price.

ask caserri i think he has some drink machines

Those machines are made by Gaines Equipment Corp out of NY. They are a biz op. I requested some info from them. They sent me a copy of the BBB report with the info. I thought that this was odd so I got to poking around. The BBB info was for Gaines Leasing Corp (I'm going from memory here) that showed a good standing. If you look them up using their phone number you will see the real story. When the lady called me I told her I would not buy their machine simply because the company is dishonest and misleading.

Oh, and don't spend $5k for a mechanical machine. I have one mechanical and will not buy another. Not that its a bad place to start, but buy a seaga mechanical for about $1500 and see what you can do.

Hope this helps.

Jeremiah