How install modem in vending machine?

Juan,

At a high level, what you are trying to do is straightforward. Connect the modem to the machine, plug in a phone line, and you are in business.

However, the details of what you are trying to do is where it gets tricky :)

Based on you saying that English is not your first language, I'm going to take a guess at what you are trying to do.

Do you need to create a website that can, via the internet, connect to a vending machine and check things like how much money it has, stock levels, etc.?

Also, because you said "MDB" above I am going to assume this needs to be in Java.

Is this correct? Or did you mean something else?

Thx.

Kevin

alyssamma, it is correct all.

"Do you need to create a website that can, via the internet, connect to a vending machine and check things like how much money it has, stock levels, etc.?" - Yes

"Also, because you said "MDB" above I am going to assume this needs to be in Java." MDB is MultidropBus, the bus used for the vending machine.

I need that my pc embedded "talk" with the machine for more later, send me the information (with modem, bluetooth, etc... it is not important). The most important is "HOW" to talk with the machine? I dont know what CONNECTORS have a vending machine for connect anything.

alyssamma, can you understand me?

regards.

Juan,

What you are trying to do is establish a DEX connection with your machine. Dex is the communication standard for vending machines. The data dumps from a plug that looks like the large headphone jacks (not sure what they are called), but this jack is only in DEX ready machines. The data dumps into a basic TXT file that you would need to uses your website to translate. Here is a sample dex file:

http://www.inonetechnology.com/DEX/dexfile.htm

This comany sells exactly what you are looking for and can even be setup wireless. If I remeber correctly the cost is about $400 setup for a two machine bank plus $12 a month for the wireless service per bank of machines.

Hope this helps,

JD

• 1 month later...