Shelf life on mints?

Would anyone be willing to share the amount of time that they would recommend keeping mint patties?? Thus far I have just been taste testing and visually inspecting them. I have had some of them for 3 weeks. What would be a good time to throw them out?

York cases bought right now from Sams have a Feb 2015 date on them I believe.  So, 3 weeks is nothing.  

When you switch out new boxes for locations, then make sure you are using the leftovers at another stop.  Put those on top at the next place.  Or if you just refill while you are there, then make sure to rotate.

As long as you have at least 6 locations and they're needing service at least once a month then you should have no problem with dates.  Just don't buy 6 cases if you go through just a couple per month.  Just buy enough to get you to your next shopping day.

I have to say that I like the mint business SO much more than the honor snack business.  It's a million times easier to place the box, you have one or two products - that's it, the cost is so low that you can afford shrinkage of even 30% at a location, and it takes literally 5 minutes per location when you count getting the box ready, counting the money, etc.

I've taken my 13 year old son to a couple stops where I walk in, 20 seconds later we are back out the door heading to the van with $15 and an empty box.  After conversations with him on how much he would make working at Walmart - these little exercises intrigue him.  If I can have him working with me once he's driving - then look out.  I'd love for him to build a little empire.

Archived