Bottle vending motors on the Seaga HF 2500

sammer

Hi I'm new to this forum. I have a Seaga 2500 and am having trouble with the can motors. It seems that they are not completing there rotation and therefore not always dropping the can. Any help would be appreaciated.

Thanks

Dave

they  may need replacing, sometimes they get moisture inside and they need to be removed placed in the sun for a day or so and it dries them out sufficiently and in most cases they will be ready to work again. The motors always causes problems at times because of the way it works the cans drop down and slam into the motor at every vend.

my suggestion...........is when your able sell them and buy something better.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm new to this forum. I have a Seaga 2500 and am having trouble with the can motors. It seems that they are not completing there rotation and therefore not always dropping the can. Any help would be appreaciated.

Thanks

Dave

Dave, I have several of the HF3500. What I found is the timing is wrong for the cam to hit the micro switch just right.

Take off the sold out flap inside the can chute. There should be two screws holding the motor to the unit, take those off to expose the micro switch.

Two screws hold the switch in place. You will need a small nut driver on the other side where the flap was to hold the nuts as you loosen the screws.

You just want to tilt the switch slightly up on the left side.

Tighen the screws and re attach the motor. Be careful of the sold out switch as you put the motor bracket back on.

Try it out and if it seems ok, put the flap back on and fill he chute and test.

you may have to adjust a number of times to get it right, but it can be done.

You have to fill the chute each time because the weight of the pop causes flexing and can jam it up.

Be patient, take your time and you will get it.

I have one in my garage I'm trying to find the time to fix the same problem.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am wondering how can I empty cans from the chute ? One of the can is jammed in the middle of chute but I am not able to empty the chute. I tried to dispense out the cans but the message is coming "Fail". Please help if you know anything. Thank you. 

Disconnect the motor and then remove it from the machine. You can then turn the coil with your fingers to remove the cans. When you remove them, the jammed can may come free. If not, you can try using two wooden yard sticks to push gently on the can to move it. Make sure to push at the ends of the can where they are thickest. If you push in the middle you will puncture the cans. The clean up is not fun.

You may find that a can or cans have barrel-rolled, meaning they climb up onto the one in front. This will block cans above from passing the jam point once the cans below have been removed. Reach in carefully and try to move the rear can back little so the can that has climbed can be moved back and down onto the rails.

Hi, I am wondering how can I empty cans from the chute ? One of the can is jammed in the middle of chute but I am not able to empty the chute. I tried to dispense out the cans but the message is coming "Fail". Please help if you know anything. Thank you.

If Tedk's solution doesn't work, two screws hold the motor. Take those two off to remove the motor. Then the auger will spin freely in either direction.

Archived