corporate not getting back to me!?

redmms250713

I have a few words into corporate office's around a few buisnesses that im trying to get into, yet they wont get back to me. Seams like no one knows who can authorise me placing things there! Has anyone come accross this? What did you do? Im thinking of just walking in pretending like i own the place, setting it on the main register counter and walking out. Is this illegal? I know I might loose one or two boxes which is fine.

Im thinking of just walking in pretending like i own the place, setting it on the main register counter and walking out. Is this illegal? I know I might loose one or two boxes which is fine.

I would LOVE to know your success rate with this. It's definitely crossed my mind a time or two! I'm sure most people would stray away from an idea like this, but it's interesting none the less.

Also I have gotten a couple corporate locations just pitching the "normal" pitch. To my surprise this seems quicker and easier than waiting for someone from "corporate" to call.

When I used to work in the corporate world, there was ALWAYS so much red tape to go through just to get something simple done.  You soon learned the phrase, "It's easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission."  It might apply in this instance.

I have a few words into corporate office's around a few buisnesses that im trying to get into, yet they wont get back to me. Seams like no one knows who can authorise me placing things there! Has anyone come accross this? What did you do? Im thinking of just walking in pretending like i own the place, setting it on the main register counter and walking out. Is this illegal? I know I might loose one or two boxes which is fine.

It's called "slamming" and is a method more often used with bulk candy machines

I wouldn't waste my time on corporate accounts because they change general managers too often and as was said too much red tape. Always keep in mind to KISS. This method is the best to use. Try not to overthink this business. I don't have 1 corporate account and I don't have to worry about it not being there or if the gen. mgr. has changed and if my box will still be there.

Some corporate accounts are easy to get and you will end up keeping some of them for a long time. Not all corporate accouts are big money makers though. In my experience, corporate accounts tend to be TO highly sought after in most cases. If you can snag a few without much hassle, then go for it.

Its not worth slamming them though. When (not if) you are found out, your reputation will take a hit. The manager that busts you for slamming at his corporate location will have no problem telling an owner/manager at some mom and pop location what you did. They may even make it a point to do so. If you begin to build a sizeable route, your equipment will become recognizable to managers you were rude to, managers whose locatations you slammed, and anyone else who feels slighted by you in some fashion.

Continue to run an above board business and you will never have to worry about these things. Good luck!

Archived