Full Line Averages?

G-man422

I think is was me who said times and round up to the next quarter, but as JD said I'm not from around there. Another thing is the size of our chips for instance is bigger than yours. We use a 43 gram bag not 28 grams. We also pay more for pop etc. It is hard to find a pastry for fifty cents or less. Many are 65-75 cents. I was into TJ King in Pennsylvania last week and their price for Coke and Pepsi was 22 cents. Up here Sam's and Costco are 31-33 cents. So there are some differences. I just try to shoot for that type of pricing.  I'm not always there, but I'm trying.

Ted

alyssamma wrote:

Lastly, I like eating candy bars, chips, and danishes...so the full line is great for me :)

Kevin

I hear you there Kevin. ;)

I only have one snack and pop and it is in a poor location, only have to service it once every 2-3 weeks. I have been thinking of expanding the full line, but not sure at this point if it will be a good match for me. I am pushing 60 and my plan does not include having to work every day or even every week.

Although with the full line I could have someone that would run the route and I think that I would feel more comfortable that it would be harder for them to skim than with bulk.

Currently I am working toward establishing my route to work 3 days on, 6 off, 3 on and 2 off, then repeat the cycle. If I want to take a vacation I can just double up before and after returning and there should be no visible interruption in service.

Guess I will have to give it some serious consideration though.

I need to stay in touch with you Outlander.  Our business plan models seem similar because of our ages etc. ( I'm almost 58 yo ).  I too want to create something that someone can manage for me in say 3-4 years after I have put it in place.  This first year has been a great learning experience. 

( I apologize for going off topic )

coinvestor wrote:

JD, thought I remembered you from the Butler Quarters, good to know you are here.

Same here. How are the Butlers holding up for you? I just saw on craigslist that the GB vendor here has his route for sale.

JD

I have 3 schools, 1 dental lab and an insulation company that are doing well for me, the rest are fair at best and I need to relocate them.

Gabe is right. This thread is temporarily closed while I move the posts that are not in line with the OP. If you guys would like to continue this line of posts, without personal attacks, please take it outside (the breakroom) That is where I will be moving this debate.  ;)

Steve

caserri wrote:

Gabe is right. This thread is temporarily closed while I move the posts that are not in line with the OP. If you guys would like to continue this line of posts, without personal attacks, please take it outside (the breakroom) That is where I will be moving this debate.  ;)

Steve

Steve,

Did you put this in the wrong thread or am I missing something?

G-man422 wrote:

Outlander, this thread was getting a little crazy so Steve split it into another thread.  Here is the link:  http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=2583&forum_id=18

See, I'm just getting old. My mind digressed and I thought they originally were separate threads. With all the trash talking my mind must have separated them on it's own.