Marketing Idea M&M's

davidsurvz

Hey Guys,

I was thinking of how to get locations for my machines earlier today.  Then I had an idea I don't know if this is stupid or genius. So, I'll ask for feedback.

I was thinking about different things to approach people with to get locations and I was thinking about something along the lines of letting people know we are offering incentives, etc to get locations and while I'm thinking this I look up and on someone's desk (I was running wire in an office bldg. for an access control system) I notice as I'm looking at the next area I'm going to run wire in.........................................

......................................... A stuffed M&M doll. Wow! I know what I can do I can get some of the small stuffed M&M dolls and depending on the location have them hanging out on top of my machines that I have M&M's in ......................................

It's either a great idea or a ridiculous one. What do you think?:huh:??:huh:??

David

OK I know that is the one problem with the idea but if I can come up with a way to prevent that ....... Just the idea itself, aside from all of the theives in the world.Which by the way I know all about (Stopping them or at least deterring them is what I do for a living.)

Is the idea itself a good one?:huh:? If I could figure out a way to protect Mr. and Mrs. M&M from getting kidnapped........

David,

Im not quite sure I understand what you are getting at here. Would you use the M&M as an incentive to get the location or just a decorative advertising piece once its placed?

Steve

David,

Im not quite sure I understand what you are getting at here. Would you use the M&M as an incentive to get the location or just a decorative advertising piece once its placed?

Steve

No, I would just have a small stuffed M&M doll chillin' on top of the machine, maybe with one arm in a waving position.......

OK Maybe it's a stupid idea. My wife smiled at me (well laughed at me) and said it was a "cute" idea..................(I'm laughing at myself while typing this:D) 

I might just try it anyway if I think it is appropriate for the location.

Any more thoughts on this are welcome..............

You can always dental floss its leg around the machine !

I know if one of my kids saw that cute toy they might walk out with it.

What about just drawing a nice picture and attach it to the top.  This come from my next idea of a promation I am going to put a couple like 2 runt bananna's in with the m&m and put a laminated sign on top Saying I went bananna's find the bananna's in the M&M's and get a 10.oo gift certficate or 5.oo gift certifcate !  I am looking for one of those little game pieces ( from my kid's gameboards ) to hold it up on I figur I will glue it down on the lid.

I think I would just put a static cling label on the machine (available free from the manufacturer) and forget about the doll for all the reasons mentioned above. If you want to let the people in the office know, print up a short letter introducing yourself, your machine, where it is located in the building and tell them what you are dispensing. MAKE CERTAIN you at least get it on the desk of the person with the doll.

Tedk

Considering I no longer vend M&Ms, it's hard for me to say much on this.

I perosnally have a hard time keeping machines from being stolen. Plush on the top would last a day of lucky. Even if I did attach it to the machine some how.

Have you asked locations if you can bolt your machines to the floor??? (If it is tile it's really easy to repair if / when you pull the machine)

You don't have to be a General contractor to bolt them down it's quite easy.

Just a thought.

David

• 2 months later...