ROT Debate

caserri

Megatouchs,cranes,stacker and bulk.Megatouchs are a whole different animal and tough to make a buck.But I like the challenge of making them work plus no product and really don't care to make any money.Just kidding!!!!

Johnny how dare you talk about someone making that kind of money here.LOL

There are some here that take offense to trying to make as much as you can. You know it is not all about money ask Kevin he is an expert in life and money.

I may know him....know a lot of vendors from NY.

Fred

Wow, Fred, you are getting personal now. For the record, you are the only one who claimed experience in this business. In fact, you were upset when I didn't immediately acknowledge your vast knowledge of vending.

Also, you seem kind of two-faced...saying one thing and then the other. Make up your mind :)

And you still haven't directly addressed any of my points.

Please try not to post here so much as you are hurting your ROT.

I really pity you that you need to continue this...

Kevin

I appreciate you expalining things to me but I have been around the block sort of speak.I do a lot of different types of vending bulk,jukeboxes,megatouchs,video,Atm's and more.I have been doing this for 16 years and have owned at one time or another just about every type and make of machine out there.The only vending that I have not done is full line but I know a lot about it and people in it.

Just a little about myself so as you don't reply to me like I am a newbie.I amvery successful at what I do.

Fred

Just for the record...in case you forgot. You are the one claiming to know everything. The funny thing is that you admit to not doing full line but still speak like an expert about it. Hmmm...

Kevin

Dude you got personal many posts back. I don't need to address any of your points.

You are the one who thinks you know me which you don't.

You claim to be an expert on life and because I do well in vending  you seem to attack me on life issues you know nothing about.

You posts really don't make any sense and really are just full of personal attacks.

Two faced about what?

Can you not comprehend that just because you want to make money for your time it's not a crime.Let me ask you this master of life.How do you improve your quality of life with out making a good living?

So in your views I should of kept my wife working,not move to an area so my son can be in the best schools,not take vacations.Would this make you happy maybe I should just settle for making less.

I already expained to you money isn't everything or I wouldn't have let my wife quit her job.And I am far from greedy.Example I will not take locations in bad areas no matter how much money they make don't need those headaches.

You are very immature....Don't worry I won't be around here long dealing with a newbie like yourself that already knows everything about business and more about life.

Moderators should of put a stop to your post a long time ago when you turned it personal.You been downing me awhile now that I don't have a life and so forth.I am not sitting back and taking it ,I don't have to answer to you or anyone else.That is why I am in vending mostly because the life and the freedom it gets you.Get it thick head not all about the money.Could I be any clearer.

Anyone want to talk shop you can call me 215-431-8318 anytime.I am not going to be here long if this continues.

Fred

...you are right in everything you say and I don't know what I am talking about.

I wish you all much success.......see ya.

Fred  

Fred, you keep threatening to stop posting...but somehow you keep at it.

Why?

Also, you admited several posts ago that you were wrong and I was right...so why do you keep trying to say otherwise?

Seriously dude, you are hurting your ROT. Pretty soon you'll be down to a $12 profit like Steve - you don't want that.

Go chase that almighty dollar man!

Kevin

Agreed.

I didn't move this to showcase the debate. I have a standing policy that I do not delete content unless absolutely necessary. I felt we needed to remove this particular debate from its original thread and had to put it somewhere.

Steve

I kept my cool but this golpher just keeps repeating the same remarks.

Yeah money means so much that I let my wife quit her job for a better life.This is when my friends thought I was nuts.But no matter how much it was it was all worth it for my whole family.

I busted my butt  to achieve the American Dream as Grumpy says.And that is being in my own business and giving my family a better life which I did.And that meant giving up a lot of money and putting all the financial burden on myself.It was a stressful time but it all worked out and worth every penny,would do it the same all over again.

Grumpy I not going to say anything bad about you since you are about the same age and I respect you.But if you post was aimed at me well I have the same values as you maybe more who knows.

Now I got this golpher lecturing my about how money isn't everything.I don't hear any stories from him not caring about money.So that tells me he is all talk with absolutely no substance.

What kind of life does this guy have?

Hey I like some of you guys but I am not going to put up with this guy.

There is only one thing he is right about .I am wasting my time dealing with guy.

Good advice he gives about insulting a seller.Ok you worry about the seller while you get taken and he laughs all the way to the bank.

Fred

Fred, wow. Once again you reply with insults and don't answer my questions. It is a shame you need to resort to name calling, but I guess that shows your limited capabilities.

Why do you keep posting when you say you are wasting your time?

It has been my experience that people who brag a lot are the people who have the least. So, I'm guessing that you really don't have a wife but are a lonely bitter old man sitting in a one room house on a computer. Your anger at the world makes you lash out at people and call them names.

Once again, I truly pity you.

You really need to learn how to read posts more carefully. You make all sorts of wild accusations that are either outright lies or at best taken out of context.

But I guess that makes you feel superior to everyone else.

Have you ever made a post where you didn't bash someone?

If I'm wrong about you not really having a wife, then I feel really sorry for her. I can't picture the horrible life she must have living with you :(

But look on the bright side. It is never too late to change!

Again, I hope you won't waste your time replying to this, but like I said, I'm guessing you have nothing but time to waste. I know if I was making all of the money you made I would never be sitting here carrying on and insulting people. I would make sure my posts were helpful and that was it.

Looking forward to your next post where you say you are wasting your time, yet still somehow manage to make the post.

Kevin

LOL, ok, let's start a poll. How long before Fred makes another post after saying "I am done"?

Also, how long before he says "I am done" again?

If this was a drinking game we'd all be very, very drunk.

I guess he's run out of witty things to say and now name calling is all he can do :(

Luckily he has his stay at home wife + $100/hr vending job to keep him happy!

Kevin

caserri wrote:

Agreed.

I didn't move this to showcase the debate. I have a standing policy that I do not delete content unless absolutely necessary. I felt we needed to remove this particular debate from its original thread and had to put it somewhere.

Steve

Think we need a new Thread called "Trash", me thinks the Debate was over a long time ago. :)

Steve take me off this board I am done.

Fred

I'm not going to take sides here but I will make an observation about this statement.

Fred- I truly think that (in your mind) you think you're doing everybody a favor here by "gracing us with your presence".  While I do read your posts and appreciate your wealth of knowledge (and, btw, I do hope you stay), it's almost as if you want everyone to say, "Oh no...Fred is leaving, what do we do now"? So just because one particular member pisses you off, you're going to "take your marbles and go home"?

I love a good debate but I wouldn't "leave" just because I have a disagreement with a member. And please realize while you may see my comments as "negative", they're not. I am a fellow Pennsylvanian my friend:) I don't beg people to stay on forum message boards but...there's no reason for you to leave Fred.

Best regards,

Darrin

"Grumpy I not going to say anything bad about you since you are about the same age and I respect you. But if your post was aimed at me well I have the same values as you maybe more who knows."

Well I did not really want this thread to be my 500th post, but what the hell!

Fred, Kevin, shake hands, kiss each others cheek whatever it takes and agree to disagree. It only takes one to push away from the keyboard and not continue to respond.

As for my post to ROT, not aimed at you Fred but you were the catalyst. I believe in general that the majority of the vendors on this board (and ones I've meet) are cheap. Everybody wants it as close to free, but to make as much money as possible.

Read past posts and you will see a continuing theme of offer less, it is not worth that much.. less, less, less.

I have approached vending as I approach all business and life in general, I look for that win, win situation, fair market value is fine with me when I buy or when I sell. Do I look for deals, yes but it does not matter if I pay .020334 for a gumball or I pay .024389 for a gumball.(its still $0.02)

As for ones personal life, well that is personal. Everybody has different views of what life is and what life should be. But as long as you are living your life the way that you want or expect then the goal has been meet.

I always try to see both sides of a discussion, and realize that a side comment can lead to a flame war, even if the intention was to help another person see the error in their ways from a different perspective. I actually agree with both points of view in this discussion (forgetting the crap thrown) and I'm able to do this by applying different beliefs in goals of one of my three business. Computer consultant, the sky is the limit for my hourly charge to be changed according to the mood of the day. Vending, as time progresses it will increase as over the last year I have been correcting product choice and vend amounts. Restaurant, well it is the core business and a franchise (I only control so much) but currently it is at the win, win stage. (fair value both for the customer and me)

Oh thanks for the respect, and I for one am sorry that we do age but, I do like the ability to look back at the experiences I have had in life so far. (and laugh at myself):D