Suggestion on machine purchase...

turkeypig

Hi everyone,

I am new to the vending world and looking at getting involved with it.  I have an option to purchase a couple of machines at a cheap rate, but wanted to get some advice before I step out and do it.  I am in sales so I understand the route of getting a location and getting business some what.  Also, this would be purchased with surplus money that we have and not from a loan or anything that needs to be paid back. These are owned by a friend and here is what she told me about them:

• I bought these in June 2006 and they are still in my garage wrapped in plastic – never been used. 

I have 3 machines – they handle both cold drinks (cans and bottles) and snacks.  The cold storage is made by Frigidare (sp?)

• The nice thing about these is it takes up 28 square inches of floor space – the snack machine is hooked to the front of the drink machine and opens up like a refrigerator – so it’s really space-saving.

• Each item has it’s own coin slot – so if one coin slot gets jammed, it doesn’t bring down the whole machine.

• I have all the instructions and DVD’s showing how to set them up and do the maintenance.

• I also have marketing brochures and mailing list of businesses that employ 250 people or less (they said that’s the best size to target for this size of machine) 

• I have about $25,000 wrapped into this (with all materials, shipping, etc), and the machines themselves ran about $5000 each (Drink and Snack together).  I’d be willing to sell them for $2,000 each and that would include everything…I forgot to mention, they have dollar bill changers on them too.
Any advice would be appreciated here .  Thanks guys!! Great forum!!

D.

Here are some.  I typed in "Antares Craigslist" in google and got quite a few results.  Here are some (older 2001 model) for $300 each.  http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/bfs/889868818.html  I'm not sure if you are near Colorado though, lol.  I'm just trying to let you know that there are probably better deals out there, but new machines are a definite plus. 

I bought 8 of these (2006 models) in 2007 and resold them. The newer blue fronted machines (I think 2005 and newer) can do bottles and tend to go for a little more. Brand new still wrapped I was getting $1000-1200 each. I don't know what they are worth now, but nobody seems to be buying used equipment right now. I have had machines on CL for weeks now that should have sold in about a week, or at least would have a couple months ago.

What ever you do don't pay over $1000 each for those machines. I know this sounds cold, but what she paid has nothing to do with the value of the item, its kind of like a mortgage in California :)

JD

Off topic: what the heck is MyPOTD!

Ha! Very true coinvester! She is a friend and I think she really wants to recoop some of what she spent. I really don't think she will take less right now....Thanks for the feedback. I will back down for now and look at other options.

Ok... so you have seen them go as little as $300?? This exact machine? T Bird, why would you say this one is a great business op?? I am willing to do the work, just don't want to jump in over my head.

Great meaning Planet Antares puts a lot of money and time into sucking people into this machine and the biz op they operate.  The machines are way over priced and mechanical to boot.  JD is right.  Do not pay over 800-1000 dollars per machine.