Discolored plastic...

that1dude

It's a Seaga 2000 and it's a little old (I bought it off eBay a few days ago). It operates like a champ, but the brown plastic parts on it with is essentially the lid, back, tray, and vending mechanism looks like it just sat out in the sun and has faded from a nice looking brown color. I was able to lightly buff it out some with a sponge and scotch pads, but it still looks faded and kind of crappy. Is there anything out there that could help me buffer the faded look out without scratching my machine up to hell, or would I be better off trying to use some sort of paint?

There are some spray paints out now that are made just for plastic. Take a pad and make some light surface scratches and let the paint fly. If I am not mistaken Krylon makes the paint avaiable all major retailers

I did want to take a "before and after" picture, but my wife had the camera at a baby shower while I was doing the "before" and she thinks she left the camera over there, so as soon as she gets it (tomorrow maybe) I'll post an "after".

Oh and by the way the Krylon paint did totally work.

I was originally thinking of doing brighter colors, but I wasn't sure how that would turn out with the darker base, since I found out real quick by doing a test on the underside that any attempt to remove that color would just scratch up the plastic to no end. Thanks again for the good suggestions. Y'all rock!