Tax Time

Since it is getting close, and I have been in bussiness since March with alot of money spent on this venture, my question is do most of you use a Pro tax Guy or do it yourselfs with some sort of tax software, I allways did my own taxes but with a part time business I dont want to miss something. Any help would be great,

Thanks

Gary

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Because of this business and other property issues, I use a CPA.

Be careful when considering this, it is better to pay someone to get them done, especially when you have anything beyond a basic w-2 tax return and can get hundreds if not thousands more in refunds than you would have got if you did them yourself.  Last year I ended up paying $300 for my taxes but got a $1,100 higher refund, if I had done it myself I certainly would not have done better.

The reality is, with $50 in software, you can do the same job that a CPA does - unless you have some very unusual situations.

Certainly if you are just doing vending, there is no need to pay someone to do your taxes.

Or, if you feel nervous, pay someone the first year, and simply look at what they did for your future years.

You'll see it really isn't that hard...

Kevin