Double and Triple stands

that1dude

As y'all can see from my signature, I'm still fairly new into the "biz". I just had a question on what you guys would do in my situation, and here it is:

I am starting to secure some locations that would benefit a lot from a double or triple instead of a single, but since I do not have too much money to work with right now, I've seen that the cheapest way to go about this is either look for machines on craigslist or bid on ebay. The problem with this is the machines that are already set up on doubles and triples seem to always go out of my price range real quick, so I was thinking of "mixing and matching" different brands and putting them on the same stand. Does this seem too tacky? Do you guys think it will look stupid?

I hope my question was clear... :shock:

How different do the machines look? Also are the stands universal, in other words will they fit? If they do fit as long as they are not too different looking I don't see why that would be a problem. I think I have seen this before.

I think most machines use 2 or 4 screw/nut combos to attach to the bracket. If the machine does not line up you could mark the location of the holes in the machine base and drill them yourself. They make a triple bracket that you will need to use if you upgrade a double head. Also make sure the base pipe is large enough to handle the extra weight. I think a 1" pipe may be be pushing it for a triple and you would be better off with a 2".