Has anyone ever built their own stands?

TCandies

Liability issues come into play

I eliminated all my home-made stands for that very reason.  Maybe a bit of an over reaction, but better safe than sorry.  Especially today in the new USA - the land of Red, White and Sue.  Slip-and-Fall Lawyer bill boards all over the place here,  

Just waiting for the next bill board...

"Choke on a Gumball?" or "Hurt by a Falling Gumball Machine?".  "Better Call Saul" !

Well, if engineering stamps are required on stands, I'm screwed, anyway. And so are a lot of other vendors, I'd guess. I have a variety of stands and racks, some of which appear commercially manufactured, and some of which do not. But how would I know, since I bought an existing route? For the most part, the stands that appear to be built by local welders (including myself) are better designed, better made, stronger, and stabler than the manufactured, bolt-together ones. What's more, the insurance company has lists and photos of all my equipment, so if they don't like something, they should tell me before a potential claim arises.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. They have engineering stamps on the plans of the stand. If not, then the person themselves are responsible for using equipment they knew was not approved. Llc doesn't protect against it. It's like malpractice with a doc.

Archived