Where do you get your 20oz bottles?

You can vend 16.9 ounce bottle from a machine that vends 20 ounce bottles. Coke sells them at sams and Walmart for 50. a unit . Finally the small guys can compete with the bogger guys. I think pepsi is putting out a 16 ounce too.

You can vend 16.9 ounce bottle from a machine that vends 20 ounce bottles. Coke sells them at sams and Walmart for 50. a unit . Finally the small guys can compete with the bogger guys. I think pepsi is putting out a 16 ounce too.

do you have to modify anything?

I believe it depends on the machine. I am going to test it out on some of mine. I have a friend that said you can vend a 16.9 ounce in a can machine. I will find out. I went Sams and Walmart today. Coke is just selling the 16.9 ounce bottle, and Pepsi is selling a 24 ounce and 12 ounce bottle. I belive that in vendo 511 and maybe Dixie Narco 501 that you vend the 24 ounce. They are selling them at sames and Walmart for .50 cents to .61 cents.

Please let us know what needs to be done for the can machines to dispense the 16.9oz I would try it on mine, but with the time change and days getting shorter I can't very well try it after work, and when I am able to get to them during the day is the peak times for sales, its when the kids are on lunch, or getting off school.

Plus the can machines I have, are older and are only 4-6selection. The pepsi machine is the 6 selection and I have 3 of the selections set up for Mountain Dew. and it still has to be stocked every 36hours. Sometimes I get away with every other day, but thats only when school isn't in session.

I have access to the 16.9oz bottles from Coke, Pepsi, and RC. From what I have researched, I can make anywhere from .40-.50 profit. That would be after COG and after a 10% commission if I had to pay one.

With the 24oz bottles I can get those for 20cents less than the 20oz and even if I kept the 24 bottles at the same vending price as the 20oz, I would be making 20 cents more profit vs vending the 20oz.

If 0.40 to 0.50 profit is what you are after, stick with cans.

Cans are a true single serve item meaning you'll get more repeat sales throughout the day due to people not being able to re-cap and re-use.

I'm not sure about pricing in your area but I get my cans for 0.25 and sell for .075.

Steve

Around here, If the cokes and pepsi's are on sale, I can get them for around .25 but mostly are running around .28

My so called "Competition" is outdoor machines open to the public. Most of them are vending them from 40-45cents each. But, I have seen them as high as 60cents (wal-mart) I have mine set at 50cents and feel I am doing pretty good. Another thing I have found is that the kids are leaning towards the bottles.

I guess I need to pick up some machines and then give Midwest or kickstart a call and see about getting a spot to see how it does instead of just setting up a 6 machine location open to the public.