New route questions

pfesnack

Hi All, looking at buying a route with about 20 machines, about half owned, the other half bottler owned with commission to them. some of the locations (about half) are at least 15-20 miles away, and not great accounts. Wondered on the possibilty of sellign off a few locations and keeping the rest. Anyone successful with this? the ones close to us are decent, but i don't think we can handle the huge loop it would take to service all of these locations, and the furthest ones aren't great anyway. Thanks.

Hi All, looking at buying a route with about 20 machines, about half owned, the other half bottler owned with commission to them. some of the locations (about half) are at least 15-20 miles away, and not great accounts. Wondered on the possibilty of sellign off a few locations and keeping the rest. Anyone successful with this? the ones close to us are decent, but i don't think we can handle the huge loop it would take to service all of these locations, and the furthest ones aren't great anyway. Thanks.

I hope that you're not planning on paying too much for this route as you'll only own half of the equipment.  Bottlers normally have a heavy quota attached to each machine at higher than normal prices.  While selling off weaker locations when buying an existing route is always the way to go, in this case it may not be possible due to the poor sales and bottler owned equipment.  I suspect that your only option would be to shut the weaker locations down and try to sell the snack machines on Craigslist.  The biggest problem I see with the weak locations with bottler owned soda machines is that they won't do enough business to meet the quotas and are therefore unsustainable.

Archived