Buying an account stuff

Recently our office has had potential customers ask for these things:

• Paying for their kitchen furniture
  • Buying them coolers for lunches
  • Buying them ice machines
  • Buying them commercial microwaves

Are these common requests for some accounts? Every time they've asked we have declined them, but from people asking all over the place I'm wondering if some vendors are actually giving these things to them. I looked up the cost of an ice machine and it's well over $8000. Yikes.

I've sent proposals to big accounts offering to supply a cooler for their kitchen and ice machine ...but this account needed 10 to 12 coke machines and 5 snack machines so unless it's an account that would pay for those items in a couple months and u get a long contract something like 5 years I wouldn't do it..

Some of the big dogs will buy equipment like that for an account - but ONLY ONLY ONLY if it's a super promising big account, and typically only if they sign a long contract. Sometimes what happens, is that someone from a large account like that will get a new job, and will think that they can get a similar deal with other vendors at the smaller company that they now work for. 

Someone wiser than me once said "You don't get something for nothing." Oh, yeah, it was Rush. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=096LhjGNNCk

Archived