5 hour energy drinks

Gary,

I dont sell them yet but I have seen them at my BJ's for $1.50 each. They retail for $3.00. I use them quite regularly and they are really effective so I'm sure they would sell well.

I plan on offering them in the near future.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

West Coast Vend wrote:

"Does anyone vend 5 Hour Energy Drinks from their snack machines. If you do, where do you get them? Are they a good seller? Thanks Gary"

I hear that it is a fantastic seller in the right location like a college. White collar location, not so much. Keep in mind that 5hr Energy does have a vend pack that has a cardboard top to keep in in the spirals better. So if you get the product without the tops for testing in your location, you may have some problems.

I do not have any snack machines yet but wondered if there was a smaller machine these could be vended from.

I have seen dedicated machines for these small bottles. Just keep in mind that most full line vendors will tell you that a dedicated machine is not usually a good way to spend you money.  Use 5hr as an add on to existing locations and offerings. Then when the craze ends you won't have a bunch of machines kicking around doing nothing. Just look at the dedicated Red Bull machines.

Guys, this all sounds like a good money maker but do a little research on the product.Some suprises may come your way.Their is talk of limiting sales of these types of drinks to over 18 only due to over-use by young teens.It happened in Wisconsin.Just don't want anybody to get stuck between the rock and the hard place.Here is a link for interesting reading:

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/35154819.html

They are already limited here in Massachusetts. You have to be over 12 to buy them. They even card you at the local Cumby's if you look close. :shock: 

I agree with Gary though, You really have to target adult locations with this product. You wouldn't want to place these in an arcade or roller rink.

Steve