Vending TRIVIA:

ButlersVending

Would it be Nuttin' For Christmas by the Beatles?

"Bought some gum with a penny slug"

Steve

Hello Steve,

You answer is accepted. I was thinking of the Spike Jones version "I'm Gettin' Nuttin' for Christmas". Although those four mop tops came along in the early 1960's just as I was doing my last two years of high school, I've never heard of that particular version. I liked everything that they did until Yellow Submarine.

Are there any other references to vending in the music of our culture?

BTW, I'll make that donation to the SPCA in your name. I'm considering donating a triple to them for dispensing feed to the animals. First, I've got to know if they'd like to have it and if they'd use it.

Bob

Thanks Kyle,

Every now and then, especially while on our routes, we'll run up on dumped animals, which we try to help. Last month, a store that I was soliciting for a location saw me feeding some of my lunch to a kitten. The lady told me, "It's such a shame, someone dumped several kittens a couple of days ago, and they looking for food in our dumpster. Why don't you take them if you can?"

There were two, I was able to catch one, but the other ran away. I'll bet that after I took it to our SPCA the very next morning, that as soon as possible it was adopted. it was real pretty and was still fairly affectionate, even though it'd been dumped.

Bob

[line]

That is great Bob. It seems that some people, espically in these times, will de whatever it takes to get what they want (If they want an animal gone, they go and throw it out. If they want money, or items of value, they steal someone elses).

I personally get many animals that show up to my house. One day last week, I was servicing a Supermarket. As I was returning to my car to count coins, and reset my SUV, I noticed a teenage boy walking up the sidewalk with a baggie of food. He then dumped it on the ground beside a few empty cans of cat food. I went back inside, gave commissions, and when I came back out, 5 cats were eating. They were in awful shape. Simple acts of kindness are hard to come by in the world we live in. It's nice to see that.

Kyle

Would it be Nuttin' For Christmas by the Beatles?

"Bought some gum with a penny slug"

Steve

Are there any other references to vending in the music of our culture?

The first line in one of my favorite Sheryl Crow songs...

"I used to ride with a vending machine repairman"

Steve