Feeling The Crunch

bacho

I serviced my route last week and was over $70 down in sales. I expected a drop at this time of the season but not such a drastic one. Is anyone experiencing this big of a decline in your sales?

I'm thinking it could be a combination of the economic situation and the slow months for vending.

The holidays have always been the worst period for my vending business. People are in a different frame of mind plus their buying patterns and habits change during the holidays.

For candy vendors, there is competition from the freebies sitting around the work place during December - cookies, cakes, chocolate kisses, Christmas M&Ms etc.

The good news it that it always comes back to "normal" for me in January/February. I just hope that the pattern holds true again.

No matter what happens, more "change" is coming on Jan 22!

Jax

I know you all are probably tired of me harping on this subject but I will use this thread as well to remind everyone about our revenue trend chart located in the revenue section of member PLUS. Lets try to get more than a handful of participants so we can see these downturns before they happen and know when we can expect the next upswing.

Steve

So seven stops I made today were all up from the previous month. I was just thinking this will be the first time I will collect from my Olive Garden location after 30 days. I usually collect every 2 weeks. I may need a back loader to help me. ( I am so bad )

I know you all are probably tired of me harping on this subject but I will use this thread as well to remind everyone about our revenue trend chart located in the revenue section of member PLUS. Lets try to get more than a handful of participants so we can see these downturns before they happen and know when we can expect the next upswing.

Steve

I report every month, Steve. I must confess though, I did miss last month. But doesn't it throw it off kilter if a wise guy like Johnny has a great month? Just kidding Johnny. Hope you have a better month than I had.

Bacho,

Right now it does because of the low voter turnout. However if we can get a decent turnout it will help to dilute Mr. Big Bucks vote and move closer to a more accurate guage! :D

Steve

Blueplate..are we talking loan like the car companies are asking for or a full fledged bailout like the banks got. Remember the vending industry is vital to our national security.

I'm not picky!  My full time job is in the banking industry.  I work for one of the BIG ones that got bailout money.  You are correct about the vending industry being part of national security.  I would even argue it is part of the national fiber that keeps this country running.

What if workers in this great country couldn't get their hands on the afternoon snickers bar?  I see productivity dropping everywhere, this is IMPORTANT stuff.