Starting A Website

mrsar66

Some people go overboard with their websites. You don't want your site to be "information overload". Try to keep it tight.  Think "less is more". Btw, you seem to be off to a very good start with what you have listed in your sig. I wish I was as ambitious when I was your age. Good luck.

g

mrsar,

We have been toying with the idea of offering hosting to our members that would include website building software and domain registration so members can build their own business sites. I would also be willing to provide some help in design. I just haven't said anything about it yet because I haven't hammered out the details yet but I guess I'll use this thread to see what kind of response this new service would receive.

If you, or others would be interested in this service let me know. If there is enough positive response I will begin to offer it.

Steve

That is the part we are trying to hammer out.

I would obviously want to offer the members the lowest possible price while still covering costs. I am looking at offering "turnkey packages" where everything would be included for 1 annual fee. The package would include the following.

• Domain name registration
  • Yearly hosting
  • Site building software
  • 24x7 tech support
  • Custom logo design
  • Misc design support
And would be priced at about $99 a year. ($8.25 per month) The software included would build sites similar to my site at http://www.CaserriVending.com

Steve

Keep in mind that the above quoted price is preliminary pricing. Actual may vary a few dollars either way. In fact, If we offer this, I will probably offer discounted pricing plans for different member groups as an incentive to grow within the community. For example, Charter and ELITE members will get the deepest discount, then there will be pricing for PREMIUM, PLUS, and BASIC's.

I would like to keep the BASIC member price at about what I quoted above and discount from there. If a member achieves the next level after they've paid for their site, I would simply refund the discount back to them.

Gary (West Coast Vend) actually suggested offering this service to our members several months ago and I've wanted to do it since. If you don't like the idea, it's his fault! :D

Either way, let me know what you all think. If I can get at least 3 members who are interested in this then we can offer it.

Steve 

Ted,

The software is absolutely idiot proof. If you can post on this forum, you can use this software. It basically gives you a choice of templates and you simply enter text and pictures much like you do here when you post. If you want something more customized, I can help with that. I will offer custom logo design as well. You know how much I love to design logos!  

Even if you run into problems, there are more than a handful of members here who have some sort of experience with this stuff. Help is just a post away.

Can I pencil you in? If so, we'll need about 2 more interested members.

Steve

Building the website is one thing but making sure the website is search engine friendly is another. Make sure when having your site built that its fully coded and that the metatags are all placed so that when the search engine bots come around to visit your site that it will see your title tag, description tag, and keyword tag so that you have built the foundation to rank for your sites main keywords so that when people are searching through google they will find your site listed in the top 20 results or even the first page of google .

metatag installation is called onsite seo. Link building (getting your links put on other peoples website) is called offsite seo. The foundation(onsite seo) is important, but the legwork that takes the most time is link building (offsite seo).

Great info Wall!  I do not know about this stuff.  But now that you have spelled some of this out for me, I want all those tags and stuff so that I come up on engine searches. I will have to speak with Steve C. about it.

Welcome T-bird, im just very happy to find this forum and if I can contribute back in any way I would be very happy to.

Here is another tidbit of info for you T-Bird: If you want to know how to find out how many times per month your keywords are searched there is a fine free tool

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

Just type in your sites main keyword and it will show you how many times its searched in google and it will also give you a long list of related keywords and also show you how many times per month those are searched.

Your Goal Johnny is to find keywords that are searched often enough and that are as least competitive as possible. The key search term for finding these golden keywords is allinanchor:your keyword here

You would use this in google only. for vending forums i dont see many searches for this keyword so i would look through the vending keywords themselves. I will give a few examples out over the weekend.

Another thing is any allinanchor search term that brings back 100,000 results or under is good, under 50,000 is very good, and under 25000 and you got a great one. This is considering that its searched enough times monthly on google to make it worth your while to seo.

Great posts Wallstreet.  Thank you.  Steve, what can you tell us about the vendiscuss hosting package and these "tags"?

Thanks Gabe. You can check the metatags on most websites by right-clicking anywhere on the page of the site and they usually appear near the top.

for example:titleinsurance.com (i purposely picked this keyword and this website because its coming up in google in the first page for the keyword title insurance. Google usually has 4 times as many searches compared to yahoo and msn which are a distant second and third.

1. this is the title tag(this is the title that shows up when looking for this site in google and other search engines.

<title>Titleinsurance.com : The online source for competitive quotes for title insurance.</title>

2. Description tag: This is what shows up under the title in the search engines.

<meta name="Description" content="Titleinsurance.com : The online source for competitive quotes for title insurance.">

3.keyword tag

<meta name="keywords" content="Title Insurance,Title,title insurance providers">

We have just launched our SiteBuilder software. Feel free to try it out. Play around with it as much as you like. It will cost you absolutely nothing unless you decide to host it. All details can be found here ==>

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=2923&forum_id=11

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

You would want a clean website with an organized structure. It reflects customers who you are, so make sure to make it presentable.

Also, before releasing it, make sure to verify that every link workrs ahead of time many times.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be interested in that, great idea Steve.

Joe,

Since I'm building the members sites myself, I currently have a short waiting list for websites. There are currently 3 members waiting for their sites. Take a look at the following thread and let me know if you'd like to be put on the list.

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=2923&forum_id=51&jump_to=27144

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

My recommendation is to use Godaddy.com. They are inexpensive and have a very easy development tool to build your site and it is fairly easy to do. Come with all of your email etc. and they can even give you a shopping cart and the merchant processing for credit cards through their partner Innovative merchants.

• 1 month later...