Jerry's Kids vending machines

BluePlate

Does anyone know what is up with Jerry's Kids vending machines?  Are these independent operators?  They seem to always have chiclet gum and are in an old Northwestern machine (usually an ugly color).  When I look for a contact number it's just a small label of an 800#.  They seem like they are run by volunteers or something.......

The reason I ask, there is one at a location near me.  A very sweet location, has been empty for 2 months.  I'm going to make a play for the location!

Blue,

I share some locations with those machines as well.  I hope you are not looking to share a location with me because I have a "very sweet" location that I am trying to upgrade into a rack. The owner said I could if I remove the Jerrys Kids machine.

Does this "very sweet" location you're looking at have any other machines? Namely one of mine?

Steve

Steve,

No just a Jerry's Kids machine.  I know you said you don't come this far west.  It's in Westfield.  I did run into a rack the other day, and I though hmmmm....... "I wonder if Steve owns that one".  I did not look too close for a ownership sticker, but it was a small rack, just toys.  It was in Athol.  You have any in Athol? 

Steve,

No just a Jerry's Kids machine.  I know you said you don't come this far west.  It's in Westfield.  I did run into a rack the other day, and I though hmmmm....... "I wonder if Steve owns that one".  I did not look too close for a ownership sticker, but it was a small rack, just toys.  It was in Athol.  You have any in Athol? 

Nope, none in Athol. My guess would be Byrnes Vending. He is out of Gardner and runs a lot of machines in that area. All along Route 2. When I was building my route I tried to establish in an area without much competition.

In addition to Byrnes, we have the "S"'s (I'm sure you've seen his machines.) and Fun Stop in our area.

Steve

Good! I put a candy machine next to the rack and convinced him to use me instead! I gave him a good deal on non-vending related stuff. I'm putting together a rack for him. I have seen "S". He is all over seems to like low volume locations too.....

Its all about VOLUME. The more machines you have out, the better off you are. Sure, my local charity people work off this idea. He has machines in awful accounts. I swore he did not make any money. Turns out he was pulling over 100k in sales last year (off accounts that he serviced a few times a year, yet they remained full most of the time). I know this for a fact, because I was able to steal several accounts from him when I was on my charity kick. Most did about $2 in sales every 6 weeks. Oh, and one did zero dollars this month.

Kyle

I have seen lots of the Jerry's kids machines in my area and the charity seems to be active. I ran into an operator one day as we both pulled into the parking lot at exactly the same time doing warp 9. Tried to strike up a conversation with him but he was pretty tight lipped. I did get out of him he has a couple of thousand machines and I have seen new accounts he's gotten in my area. Don't know about other vendors for the charity in other areas. I estimate in my 2 state area there are at lease 5 people doing Jerrys Kids including the guy I ran into with 2000 machines.

Mark