1 Incredible Location

nippy31

We just checked one of our locations. We've been there since Sept 5 and to date it has brought in $70.00. I wish all of our machines could do that.  On our first check of one of our routes we averaged $9.75 a machine per month.  I hope that was just  a fluke.  I'll know more in a few weeks when we check them again.

Nin

Nin,

Thats great! Give us the details...

Location type, product(s) offered and machine type.

Also, make sure you give us a report in member PLUS. We now have 11 operators reporting.

Steve

thats an incredible location. before i started 6 yrs ago i asked an experienced person who worked routes for a national company. he told me as far as candy and gum they would average $12.00 per 6 weeks. i thought right away i should find a better way to average more. i made a lot of mistakes along the way but i decided to vend gum, bulk toys 1 and 2 inch caps, super balls 27 mm and 49 mm, and flat products like stickers and tattoos. i vend little or no candy and as far as gum i only vend 950 count gum balls. my average per stop is around $300 dollars. i have  33 accounts and service some on a 4 week basis, some on a 6 week basis, some on 8 weeks and a few on a 12 week basis. i gross over $70,000.00 for the last 2 yrs. it took me 4 yrs to be cash flow positive and i only work on route each saturday. so i work 2 days a week and gross over 70,000.00. i consider myself very fortunate and give God all the glory. i am currently targeting sports bars with NFL AND COLLEGE football products. i went out today for one hour and called on three locations. i installed the machine in the third account. it wasnt my first choice but its a good one.

Hey,

I don't operate in Phoenix. I'm in Charlotte..... Any chance you'd be willing to share the location type with someone on the other side of the country?:huh:??:huh:??:huh:

That is awesome!!!!

I would love to line up something like that although we did get $40.00 + in two days at our fourth of july event... That was great! We don't have events like that every day though.

Regards,

David    :D:D:)

• 2 months later...

Note to self... Look for locations that have 2 Vendstars and a choco nugget :)

I too have a plastic fantasic in one of my best locations. I have been in transportation for 36 years. This location is a transportation company that fired me after 26 years of service. Lesson:  Never burn any bridges.

I have machines in many terminals and truck rental locations. Those have served me well. We all look for high traffic count locations. That's a given. However you need to think outside the box. Look at places you have contacts with from your day job or former career field. Never be afraid to ask for a favor ! :)

Craig

Yes! it is great to have you here Craig. Some of you might remember Craig from the old Vending Talk forums. He has a ton of great info to share.

I look forward to your input here Craig.

Steve

Thanks for the welcome guys !  I hope to be a good participant here. I was a moderator on the old VendingTalk before it shut down. That was a shame. There was alot of good advice shared between the members.

I really like the layout of this forum. Nice job !

Craig

Thanks Craig,

The closure of VT is the biggest reason why VENDiscuss is in existence. I consider it to be a distant cousin and that makes you family! Welcome home! :D

Steve

Well..... VT was once a good forum. Many, many good and knowledable people.  Andre managed to alienate many of them with his handking of the forum.

I like your forum !  This is what VT could have been. I think your doing it right here.

Craig