Rainbow Crane troubleshooting

GammysGrabGame

Hi. I'm new here so forgive me if this is the wrong section. I have a rainbow crane that's malfunctioning. After each play it resets back into the corner starting position. After awhile, it will keep resetting over and over as if it's possessed by a ghost. I have to open it up and cut the power then turn it back on. I'm not sure where to even start with the troubleshooting. I noticed that when it does it the lcd screen says 42/30 and the string drops slightly causing it to reset over and over.Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I can supply photos or anything if that would help.

Power supply is bad and basicly it is shutting power on and off because voltage is dropping. And it's doing its "boot up" movements every time it gets turned back on.

90% of crane repairs are the power supply's as its a failing part like a light bulb.

I suggest replacing the primary control board (PCB).  I had a similar problem which I fixed by replacing the primary control board.  You can send the faulty PCB to factory for repair.

Please look at these images of my machine. I'm not a vendor, this is a game I have for home use. I'm not sure the age of the machine. The board inside said Rainbow Crane on it. This company is still around and I can send parts to them to repair?

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/12001090_10153620838961499_591757831959309266_o.jpg

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/11904744_10153620839806499_2424412842639464279_n.jpg?oh=e0e5181a7cf98773cacb7d23dd3936c8&oe=565EFE0F

Contact Jose at NEN (they own Rainbow Crane Mfg). His phone number is 800-466-3711. He is very helpful and will tell you what parts you will need to order.

You have Rainbow 24" crane.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It's still resetting and you put a brand new power supply in it?? Power supply's when bad still give out power they just drop in and out and they dropping is what cause machine to reset..

No. I haven't replaced anything yet. Looking for advice on what to replace. It was working fine up until recently. It started resetting over and over. It will work fine again for awhile if I open it up and flip the switch off then on. My daughter is heartbroken that it's not working.

For anyone interested... I called Jose at NEN. He suggested swapping the plugs on the power supply. I swapped the plug for the coin mech light bulbs with the one that goes to the main pc board. So far, everything has been working properly now and the game has not reset itself once even while leaving it powered on for an entire day. I think the problem is solved!

• 4 weeks later...

I'll have to keep that in mind for my 42" machine if it becomes a problem. Does anyone know if a nudge feature can be added to these machines? Where u can tap the drop button and the claw lowers for better positioning until u fully hold the button

• 4 years later...

hi i recently aquired 3 of these machines one works great, one im having trouble figuring out the error code 10, i know its a claw jam just havent located it yet, but my last machine when i plug it in all i get is the lights come on nothing else, and when i look at the board the green light is not lit up. i tried swapping the board into one of the other machines and a code 27 shows up. so im confused as to where to start. also if anyone has a manuel for these machines would be great to get a copy. ill be calling jose in the moring

1 hour ago, dtdowns20 said:

hi i recently aquired 3 of these machines one works great, one im having trouble figuring out the error code 10, i know its a claw jam just havent located it yet, but my last machine when i plug it in all i get is the lights come on nothing else, and when i look at the board the green light is not lit up. i tried swapping the board into one of the other machines and a code 27 shows up. so im confused as to where to start. also if anyone has a manuel for these machines would be great to get a copy. ill be calling jose in the moring

See if this helps:

http://www.nentraining.com/uploads/3/7/9/7/37973463/thebook.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey guys I just bought this fun house candy claw machine play until you win. I have error code 03 which I have read is claw home fail. I am not sure what exactly is failing though. There was one broke limit switch which I replaced but that still didn’t clear the error. Any other ideas to get this up and running, thanks in advance. 

0F2BD371-3B09-450F-A092-AC2398D979F4.jpeg