Rowe 4900 will not accept coins or $

VendOR89

My machine was working fine and then stopped taking coins and $.  I verified the coin mech had enough change.  I don't have any error codes.  I switched the coin mech and primary board, still have the problem.  I looked at the manual and a cause was the door switch failure.  Changed it out - nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

J

1 Look at the power supply board down by the on off switch. You should see 3 red LEDs all lit.

If not, you have a power supply failure.

Please note sometime in a 4900 a bad coin mech will damage the power supply and if you only replace one part it will be damage and you may keep going back and forth unless both parts are changed at the same time.  Or you can test the coin mech somehow.

2 If you have 3 LEDs see if you can pay out coins in test mode.

Walta

Walta,

Thanks.  I do have 3 LED's and the InterROWEgator LED. 

If I understand your suggestion.  I was not able to have any coin returns activate when I hit the 5, 10 or 25 button.  I will try to replace the coin mech to interface with the replaced board to see if that corrects the problem.

Thanks

J

Walta,

Thank you for the support.  Your comment on paying out coins in test mode helped me.  After checking all the connections and lights, I was still not able to dispense any coins.  I tried a couple more coin mech's and finally found one that worked.  Bad coin mech.  My machine is back up and running.

J

NOW IS THE TIME TO SHIP THE BAD COIN MECH OFF FOR REPAIR!!!!!

If you cannot afford that at least take the time mark the bad ones.

How much time did you wast trying to find a “good” one?

How good could it be if it is not in a machine?

Walta

Archived