Full sized refurbished snack machine: which do you guys recommend?

Hey guys, what kind of large vending snack machine would you guys recommend as a workhorse?

I know as far as large soda machines ive been very happy with dixie narco. Those things keep going and going, but as for snack machines I havent been able to find one that can go months on in without something going wrong.

Equipment has changed tremendously in the past years. In order to be able to recommend anything it would really depend on what vintage equipment you are looking for. If you are looking at new, all machines have their pluses and minuses. It is like the differences between Ford/Chevy/Dodge (maybe not a good comparison right now :)) If you are looking for older machines, it would really depend on the vintage of the equipment. My recoomendations usually start with finding someone local that will be able to support you when you need the help. The key is to learn your equipment to the point that you are comfortable working on it and you know its nuances. What type of machines do you have now that seem to be unreliable?

Bill

Most, if not all, new manufacturers of snack offer a guaranteed delivery system.

AMS-Sensit

AP-Golden Eye

Crane/GPL-Posivend

Crane/NV-Surevend

USI-Ivend

They all do basically the same thing but use different names for trademark reasons.

Hey guys thanks for all the great info. As far as the brand name i dont remember. I will chdck that out when i go on my route on monday. Brian is the Ap studio like the ivend? Is the golden eye like some kind of sensor that automatically vends again if the product doesnt drop?

Yes, and I will never buy a machine without this tech (Golden Eye). I will stick with AP Studio series and the Royal 650 live displays as my line of equipment for vending products. I have had great success with these two machine brands so far with no issues to speak of.  Also it will be easier to take care of my fleet (repairs..etc..) as I expand, as I will only use these two brands Royal & AP. Hope this helps best of luck to you.

Brian

I agree with Brian.  I use AP for my snack machines.  They have been super so far.  I have been using the Vendo 721 live displays for my drink machines.  Also no problems.  If you can find yourself used machines to start out with it would be beneficial to your bottom line.  Just make sure that you use a company that specializes in refurbs.  I wouldn't buy one from ebay or craigs list.  Just too chancy in my opinion.

Zeke

• 4 weeks later...