Tom's peanut machine questions.

agunslinger

Im trying to get the side panels off the Tom's vending machine I have (see below).  Left side came off no problem.  Right side, near the coin return mech moves upward but then stops.  Wont budge past that.  The coin return mech has damage but looking in there I cant see anything that would be holding it in place.  The panel is hollow and should slide right over the mechanism.  Should.

Also, there is this articulating arm piice on each side (see below).  Any idea what that was supposed to do when operational?

Left popped right off:

toms_sidepanel1.jpg

Right side stuck:

toms_sidepanel2.jpg

toms_machine.jpg

Lastly, anyone know where to find any secret replacement parts?  Would like to get the coin return cover plate and rest if possible.

Thanks for any input!

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting machine- it looks great already- can't wait to see it restored!

Is the panel "warping" or otherwise deforming when it's lifted that it might be catching something underneath? If you sort of "rock" it from side to side can you walk it past whatever it's stuck on? A very curious problem, that's for sure.

Thanks for the reply.  It might be warped.  I was afraid to force it but it might need a little pressure.  The coin return kow it wanky and I thought maybe art of that had shifted and blocking somethign.

Im also going to need a crash course in metal restoration, preferably for beginners (without a lot of shop equipment) ;^)

Archived