Let's Cut the small talk and talk PROFITS!

newby2vending

Hmm, maybe my area has a bunch of thieves.  Maybe I dont have good signage on the boxes (I think it looks really good).  Mine average about $7-$8 profit per box when calculating product cost and tax.  How can I get it to $12?    

I guess the answer would be to remove lower performing stops.  My theory though is if I'm making $3-$4 on a stop that is right on the way to another why burn that bridge.  I don't know.  Maybe that's dumb

I;ve got multiple products in the boxes for variety which I believe should help when the sign is 3/$1.   My best stop has $20 - $23 in it each stop.  They're going thru 100 pieces or so a week.  So, that's a $13-$15 profit which is nice but even there the money should be closer to $30.  

Lake Cities - any pointers or pictures of your box to see if I can get my gross up higher?

Nothing special about my boxes, I just use the stickers that Sheridan gives me. As far as gross its hard to say. I have boxes that will have $35.00 one week and maybe $12.00 the next. I have been using only York mints but I'm looking at adding about 20% other candy in a mix. I tried it with tootsie rolls a couple of months back and wneh I ran the boxes again tootsie rolls were all that was left in boxes. But I did have a couple of stops ask me to bring back the tootsie rolls, go figure.

Hmm, maybe my area has a bunch of thieves.  Maybe I dont have good signage on the boxes (I think it looks really good).  Mine average about $7-$8 profit per box when calculating product cost and tax.  How can I get it to $12?    

I guess the answer would be to remove lower performing stops.  My theory though is if I'm making $3-$4 on a stop that is right on the way to another why burn that bridge.  I don't know.  Maybe that's dumb

I;ve got multiple products in the boxes for variety which I believe should help when the sign is 3/$1.   My best stop has $20 - $23 in it each stop.  They're going thru 100 pieces or so a week.  So, that's a $13-$15 profit which is nice but even there the money should be closer to $30.  

Lake Cities - any pointers or pictures of your box to see if I can get my gross up higher?

Something I just thought about. The first year and a half I did nothing except restaurants. I just started taking other locations like nail salons, hair salons and parts stores. I'm sure this will bring my gross amounts down. But I figure if I can do 2 or 3 locations with $8.00 or $10.00 while parked it is worth it. I will still get my 25 to 30 dollars while stopped. This has also filled in a lot of driving time between stops. This is an on going learning process.

Archived