Transfers from poor locations

Goldentreats78

Hi ,

I really appreciate all the advice shared on the forum. It encouraged me to go out and seek new locations for my poor performing candy machine locations and I just recently got one!!!!

I had a question, how do you transfer your machine from a poor performing location in a professional manner without seeming like you are not appreciative of the location owner's generosity? How do you frame the reason for removing your machine?

Thank you

If there is someone there I might say "Hey, I am taking the candy machine today. It hasn't done too well. Tell Mr.So and So thank you for the opportunity". If no one is there I just take it. I have done both and honestly they won't really care if you take it. You're in business to make money just like they are. 

I am in full line vending, so there might be a little more to picking up equipment than bulk but I'd say the same principals apply. When im pulling a slow location I go to the owner/manager and tell them the sales are just too low to justify my equipment being there. Often times they already know that the machines aren't getting much use, but I always take records of the past 6 months sales with me in case there is confusion. Like Bane said, a business owner usually understands because its business. Be appreciative and respectful but beyond that it's just business

Locations can be hard to get so I usually try to adjust equipment/product to make a slower stop worthwhile.

Example:  

If you have a triple head doing $20/month, there is likely one of those products doing the majority of the sales.  Solution:  swap the triple with a single head selling that one product and service once per 2-3 months.

If it's just not working out, then be polite and pick it up and carry it out.  Smile and thank them for letting you have it in there.  You can be honest and say you're not selling enough candy there before it goes stale.  It's okay to be honest, the difference is being respectful and gentle about it.

If there is someone there I might say "Hey, I am taking the candy machine today. It hasn't done too well. Tell Mr.So and So thank you for the opportunity". If no one is there I just take it. I have done both and honestly they won't really care if you take it. You're in business to make money just like they are.

I like all the comments, I'm replacing one this weekend.

Archived