Service Time for a First Location?

yerda

After you place a machine down into a location for the first time, say a triple header, how much time do you guys usually wait until you check back?

If you wait too long, it won't be a good impression on the manager.

Do you guys tend to check early, see how many days and candy is left, and then recalculate it from there?

Thanks in advance.

Yerda,

I'm sure everyone here does things a little differently for whatever reason-location,time restraints,number of machines,etc. Since you are starting out you might want to think about what will work for you.This is just me, but all of my new locations (or relocations) automatically go on a 2 week cycle for 3 months so I can get an idea of what they are doing. Some places I've kept at that schedule because sales warrants it.Some I've switched to a 3 week cycle. But,again this is what works for me and my locations,however I don't let anything go past 3 weeks.In this business it's "location,location,location,service,service, service."I'm sure you will work it out in your own time.Good luck to ya.

Yea in time you will find out what works best for you. You need to walk a fine line between checking too often and not enough. I am close to my route all the time so this is what works for me. I hit them all evey four weeks. So when I place a new location I tell them I service once a month but call if they ever have any problems. Usually it is never more then two weeks before I service again so I will tell them I will return in two weeks to see how things went. You can pack a lot of candy and quarters in those triples so don't fear running out. Try half full and check back in two weeks.

Yea, I'm worried about checking not often enough so that service becomes poor and the managers become mad, but I also feel weird about checking too often so that I'll look like a creep or likes to keep checking for more quarter.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll try 2 weeks, and see how it progresses from there.