Setting tumblers

gsnwag

O.K. everyone We've just received our first two machines today. They are the u-turn 8 select terminators. As stated before we already have commitments for locations. Can't wait to get them clean, I already disassembled one to learn the mechanics. My question now is, can anyone inform us on where to set the tumblers? I know It may be alot to ask, all and any info is greatly appreciated. We will be dispensing PMM, PlainMM, Hot Tamales, Reeses Pieces, Skittles, Runts, Mike and Ike, Gum Tabs. Again any help will get us in the right direction. We hate to be redundent, but everyone has been so helpful, if not for all the info on this site we would still be in the clouds, and many weeks if not months from where we are today. So on that note THANKS to all who reply and offer info and many times words to just keep newbies going and not giving up.

Here's a list that I operate from

Peanut M&M's: 7-8 pieces

Plain M&M's: 12-14 pieces

Runts: 10-12 pieces

Skittles: 12-14 pieces

Reese's Pieces: 12-14 pieces

Mike & Ike: 7-8 pieces

Tab Gum: 10-12 pieces

Hot Tamales: 7-8 pieces

7-8 ppm seems to be pretty standard. My machine is set @ 9-10 because I didn't have a reasonable way to set it between that setting and 5 setting. I don't pay commission (or charity). If you are paying commission, you really shouldn't go past 7-8.

as a rule of thumb never listen to the settings uturn gives u.always turn the tumbler down AT LEAST by 1.for example they recomend a 5 for cashews and I use 4.they think a 9 is good for pmm but I use 6-7 depending on the location.

ask what candy u use or want to use and I will tell u my setting if I use that candy so u wont have to mess with it for as long as I did.

Antonio.I will vend as follows:

P-nut mm set at 9 for 10 pcs.

plain mm set at 2 for 19 pcs.

skittles set at 3 for 19 pcs.

choc. raisins set at 3 for 19 pcs.

gum tabs set at 1 for 17 pcs.

reeses pcs. set at 1 for 18 pcs.

mike & ike set at 5 for 16 pcs.

hot tamales set at 4 for 12 pcs.

runts set at 3 for 15 pcs.

pistachios set at 10 for 16 pcs.

I know from reading in the forum that this sounds like alot for .25 but when I weighed the pcs. they range from .5 to .75 oz. Am I starting off too crazy? Again I'm waiting on my labels, so these 2 terminators are not on location yet.

U-Turn's recommened setting are way to high!

Set MMP at 7 or 6 (use a spring stir as well)

Set Skittles at 1

Set Mike & Ike at 4 (use a spring stir as well)

Set MM Plain at 1 (usually a bad seller however)

The rest are Okay. I avoid nuts - too expensive, too messy, low profit and nasty bugs. Hot Tomales will either blow out in some places or just sit there in most places. Good luck.

Jax

Antonio.I will vend as follows:

P-nut mm set at 9 for 10 pcs.

plain mm set at 2 for 19 pcs.

skittles set at 3 for 19 pcs.

choc. raisins set at 3 for 19 pcs.

gum tabs set at 1 for 17 pcs.

reeses pcs. set at 1 for 18 pcs.

mike & ike set at 5 for 16 pcs.

hot tamales set at 4 for 12 pcs.

runts set at 3 for 15 pcs.

pistachios set at 10 for 16 pcs.

I know from reading in the forum that this sounds like alot for .25 but when I weighed the pcs. they range from .5 to .75 oz. Am I starting off too crazy? Again I'm waiting on my labels, so these 2 terminators are not on location yet.

my settings(cant remember all the pieces u get though from some settings.

setting 6 pmm

plain mm set at a or b which ever gives u more pieces if no a or b use 1(bad seller,but it seems hispanics like them)

skittles use 1-2 whichever gives u closer to 12-13 pieces

dont do raisens or gum tabs

reeses set at a or b if available u should give about 14 pieces if I remember right.

m and i and hot t I use 2(u should give less then 10 pieces) use both springs and the cooking spray trick  

runts 3 is good,bad candy though for this type machine as the candy(probably the bananas) get caught up and people have to use excessive force to get the tumbler to turn and will eventualy break something on the coin mech.

I dont use pistacios.

.75 of an ounce may not sound a lot but look at it this way:it is at least 50 percent more then what portions u should be vending and it adds up quick.

ask away I will help u as much as I can.

I think u should try to set those machines up in a restraunt and use a smaller machine in the office.

dont fill it plum full either at least at first,untill u know what sells.

I do have the A/B setting. I thought that since we were just starting out that it may be a good idea to set the vending a little higher. Is that a good strategy?

What is the cooking spray trick?

what portion they get the first times is what they always will want to get.bad start offering more then going back on portions.

put m and I or  HT in a bowl,get a wooden spoon and spray the tip with a very little bit of cooking spray and stir.it will help the pieces not stick together and will make them look shiner and more apealling.

Thanks for the feedback. The tumblers on my terminator candy wheels don't have a place to screw in a spring stir. I have two gumball tumblers with stirs screwd in the top. Is there a special top of the candy tumbler I have to get to screw a stir, or just screw the stir on the existing top? I hope I worded this correct.