I'm just getting started in bulk vending. Looking at used Vendesign 4 choice carousel machines.

Honda man

Hi, I'm new to the bulk vending business . What do you think of the 4in 1 machine by Vendesign? I've found what seems to be a really good deal on Craigslist. 14 new units, still in boxes, for $1500. What appeals to me about these units is  1. They look simple to service, with the way the coin tube and candy trays are designed. 2.The fact that there are four selections. 

I am wondering about reliability. Also , will they dispense most candies, nuts, gumballs, etc with no problems? Looking for the pros and cons. I'm looking for long lasting, dependable, units. Any other tips for a newcomer? Thanks, Ernie

Honda man, welcome to Vendiscuss.  Feel free to introduce yourself here:  http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=2

I have not used vendesign machines myself, but one thing you must be sure to do is get locations that are pretty busy.  With 4 selections stale product may become a concern if they are placed in slow places.  If you do get a mediocre location, just don't fill the canisters up more than half.  The price is pretty good especially since they are brand new.  Let us know how things go Honda man.  Good luck!

Welcome Honda man,

Thanks you for joining VENDiscuss.com, we are glad you have joined our vending family. There is so much information here so look around for a while and ask us any questions you may have.

Again, we are glad you are here.

P.S. Interesting name. Do you sell them, own one or ?

Gary

Gary,

Motorcycles have been kind of an obsession of mine since high school. I've been a Honda motorcycle mechanic since about 1985. It's been a pretty fun way to make a living over the years. Also ride Hondas or whatever I have around at the time.

I feel like I'm taking too long in getting everything lined up for my vending business. Charity, business license, etc.. Am getting anxious to get out there and try my hand at  placing my machines. Although a little nervous about that too.

Glad I ran across this forum. I've gotten a lot of useful info and it's good to be around like minded people.

Ernie

Ernie,

Thanks for the answer about your member name. Your anxiousness and nervousness will all go away when you place your first machine in an account. I still remember waiting for UPS to drop off my first machines. It was like counting the days until Christmas morning. The most exciting moment will be the first time you collect. There is nothing like seeing those quarters in your first machine. You are taking the right steps towards starting a new business. When ever you get anxious or nervous, just talk to us. We will get through it just fine.

Gary

Gary,

Motorcycles have been kind of an obsession of mine since high school. I've been a Honda motorcycle mechanic since about 1985. It's been a pretty fun way to make a living over the years. Also ride Hondas or whatever I have around at the time.

I feel like I'm taking too long in getting everything lined up for my vending business. Charity, business license, etc.. Am getting anxious to get out there and try my hand at  placing my machines. Although a little nervous about that too.

Glad I ran across this forum. I've gotten a lot of useful info and it's good to be around like minded people.

Ernie

Finding these forums may be the difference between success and failure for my vendors. Operating a vending route is investing for cash flow rather than capital gains. I'm not looking at what will my machines be worth in a few years, but how much money do they put in my pocket each month.

The excitement reaches a peak as you get your first locations, though I do enjoy my business very much. I'd like to think when I go to the accounts they can feel the electricity in the air. I'm that excited about it. When I serviced my first machine, there was a dollar in one head, and nothing in the other. But it had only been four days. (Autoshop, I was getting the oil changed) Turned out my RP head wasn't vending correctly. I had failed at lining up the dispenser and playing with the knob gave the candy from the next turn. *FAIL* Fortunately I found out. ALWAYS test your machine on location before you leave when you first set up, or when you make changes.

Perhaps my excitement for vending is over the top, but I have an unusual condition compared to most of the business owners on the forum. My day job pays about eight bucks an hour and is relatively unpleasant. :) That gives me motivation. (It also gives me motivation to search for a better job, but I expect that to come from vending as I get to know local business owners. For me vending has changed my perspective. Now I constantly see things as a business owner, and it helps me understand the structures they are trying to build within their work place. I hope you feel the same growth as you build your business. Make sure you have planned out money for stocking your machines, and locating costs just in case you struggle. Don't forget potential legal costs (forming an LLC for instance) or permits.

Also consider the types of accounts you will want to get for four selections. You either need customers walking by, or you need a larger store. No 10-15 person office locations on a four select. Have you started looking around the town to see where you could envision your machine?

It's great to have you here, and I hope you'll stick around and grow with us. Welcome to Vendiscuss.

1800 triples are one of the better machines.more experianced vendors think that a triple is the way to go it seems.with a 1800 triple u can have 2 types of candy and gumballs all in 1 machine.

I started with 4 select and 8 select u turns and u will find like I did that only certain accounts will be able to justify such large machines.

these machines expose a lot of candy to the public which I thought was nice but it`ll also show all defects too such as cracked or broke candy.

another reason to choose 1800 machines is that they have interchangeble canisters.

Stick with Northwestern Super 60s, Oak Vistas or Eagle machines because they are versatile. You can vend bulk candy, gumballs, superballs or 1.1" toy capsules. You can put these machines on a single stand or in a double/triple configuration or as part of a rack with 2" capsule machines on top and these machines on the bottom. There are plenty of these used machines on the market. It is also easy to get parts for these machines. People who do bulk vending full-time stick to Northwestern, Oak, Eagle and A&A machines.