Seaga Triple Vend 3000's

philo

Hello all:

I currently run 30 of the above mentioned bulk machines. Most of them are located in small company break rooms. A few are located in public locations (tire shops, auto repair, restaurants). All of the units are indentical, black with gold trin, expect for the last 5, which I bought off of Craigslist for $50 ea. from someone who was giving up bulk.

For the short time that we have had these (6 months) we have had zero problems- either mechanical or location wise. The only thing we have done is that all the machines are set up with a GB wheel in the center. None of the break room machines have GB in them. Instead we put pmm's in there. They vend at the rate of 6-8, fairly consistently, so we saw no reason to swap wheels.

We are pretty happy with the equipment so far, and plan on adding 10 more in January.

Regards,

Philo

• Like 1

philo,

I put a half inch fender washer on the mech to hold the arm in place to prevent this from happening again.You might want to turn yours backward every time you service your machines to make sure this don't happen to you.Someone on an old forum had this problem on a Seaga machine thats how I found out about it.

John

Heres my take on machine quality.Machine A is made on Monday by worker having hangover from weekend,machine B is made on Tuesday after recovering from party weekend.Stands to reason that this worker is more alert on Tuesday than he was on Monday so machine B works better for a longer period of time,no matter what manufacturer it is.Case in point Casseri got an order of oak machines that were lower quality than other oak machines I've recieved,Does that mean that Oak is junk?No worker had a massive hangover when he made the machines that went to Casseri.Steve ,My apoligies to you for singling you out but you were a good example.

John

Here is my take on the issue of quality. Machine A comes from China and costs 50 dollars. Machine B is made in the USA and costs 50 dollars. How can a machine that has to be shipped overseas and have tarriffs put on it cost the same amount as a machine that we can drive to pick up? They would have to pay slave wages and use shoddy materials in order to lower costs to the point that it would be worthwhile. How long before the machines made in china are recalled for having lead-based paint on them? I will pay an extra few dollars to support jobs here and ensure that my machines are good quality.

• 4 months later...

Wow, this is amasing as I have never had any issues with Seaga TV3000's I am now up to 1625 out on locations and the only issues I really have is vandalism.

They have been very solid and after I empty one box of 850 count, I am making money free and clear!!!

Chaz..

• 2 months later...

My first machine is a seaga triple. I have not recieved it yet, but looking forward to getting it as my wife already has a placement for it :)

I went to the website and found the parts email address and shot off an email to them. Within about a half hour I got a parts list / order form from the guy in parts!

I am impressed that they would work so fast and not care that I got one cheap off ebay. The prices for parts didn't seem bad, but I do not know what is good yet. The mech was 23.95. I would think that it would be well worth a new mech if one was not functioning right.

I was nervous about the brand I got, ebing a newb and all. The mixed reviews tells me that the machine is probably fine, unless it is a lemon.

• 7 months later...

Yes that is the number of TV3000's I am currently running on a route

I'm assuming yu do this full-time. Do you have help or do you service all your machines by yourself? How much time do you spend to service all of them in a month?

• 1 year later...

ANATOMY OF A COIN MECHANISM:

This is the exploded diagram of the coin mechanism from the Seaga 3000 Manual.  While the handle and the face plate may have a different appearance or shape, this diagram and the parts look pretty darned identical to my LYPC mechanisms.  I do have a Seaga 3000 deep in storage, I've got my hands full with other things before I'll get a chance to disassemble and compare mechanisms.

• 4 years later...

I've just acquired my first vending machine, a Seaga3000 ... with no key or manual. After several frustrating hours online I found this forum (the Seaga website was extremely unhelpful.) Any advice to get this machine up &running would be much appreciated!

• 4 months later...