Animals among us........

kai1836

I was out servicing tonight and came across one of my triples that looked like someone had kicked it out of a 10th story window. The top was bent and the front was dented in so bad the inside walls that seperate the candy had been bent as well. It was still in one piece and the locks still work so I just serviced it and went on but holy cow!  Its ashame how little respect people have for others property these days. On a positive note there was about 38 bucks in it and that was 3 weeks worth of vending! I'm going to add some heads in this location soon. I will try to switch this machine out  because of how bad it looks. When I get it I'll photograph it......just amazing.

Another group that lacks respect for property are painters and contractors. I always close my eyes when I see a location has been remodeled or re-painted. Many times, the machine will be covered with paint or plaster. I had one that looked like it was in a snow storm and become a "white-out" machine. This lack of respect for property, (along with slugs, smash-and-grabs thefts, etc.) just shows how far are society has dropped from a moral perspective. I have little optimism that it will ever improve.  We certainly don't live in Mayberry.

Jax

I think they have no idea how much a machine really cost. Not that we all buy new as most have bought a used one that looked real good at one point. Granted a 1-800 cost $300 new but most paid $100 or less. The few people I have told how much that machine I just put in really cost are for the most part shocked. All that to make a few quarters is what they usually say. Yep every one you put in helps to recoup my cost to realize my dream and help out a local charity is how I respond.