Machines outside

stanger

first,i'd suggest you  look at the surrounding businesses or neighbourhoods to decide if it safe or not to place the machines there.

also,there are specialty cages for vending machines - look up on the web for them.

hope this helps a little.

i have a few placed in outside locations, as far as theft goes there are a few small things you can do to make a difference. i know that Dixie narco machine have the capability to have a plexi glass cover over the buttons that only allow 1 finger to push the selection button which helps with all of the people that like to punch them and cause the selections switches to break. also one of the best investments you can make on an outside and inside machine is to replace the cheap barrel style lock to a medeco soda machine lock. you would be shocked how many people have the same key as you. medeco is the best lock on the market and from what the locksmith in my area says the hardest to ever drill out or pick. i also make sure that i have a solid good quality pad lock that is designed to be outside on the lock cover of the machine. as for the othe issue, if you are looking for a machine that is designed to be outside the Dixie Narco 440 i beleive is the model that has the sensor to allways keep the machine at the same temp. in the northeast where i am we have issues with product freezing, and with this machine it will never happen. the only thing to be concerned about is the weight of this machine, it is quite a bit more than any other machine in the range of 400 cans. hope this helps!

The location is directly outside my current facility.  There is a park across the street that gets a ton of use on the playground/basketball courts in the warm months.  We kicked around having it outside while we had people in the building and taking it in at night (we have a forklift).  The issue with that is the park gets more use on the weekends/evenings when we aren't open.  Has anyone used the steel cages?  I also found a vending machine garage that can be permanently attached with a door that can close at a pre-determined time.  Our concerns were mostly with weather.  It is on the north side of the building so direct sunlight is limited.