Conventions and trade shows. Are they worth attending?

lew

I was wondering if anyone has attended any bulk vending conventions or trade shows and are they worth going to. What kind of things are there to see at these shows? 

You just missed BOSS!!!! These things don't travel Tiffeney, and none around pits!

There are SO MANY things to do. Chat with friends, and BS about vending. Time flies. There are Dist. of all kinds (machines, toys, cranes, amusement games) auctions, door prizes, speakers (roger folz the big speaker this year, and every year) Cranes, everything vending! I love these things. If you think these boards are fun...... 

My wife's uncle owns a huge vending business with pop and snack machines and he recommended that I go to one after I told him about my business. He said there's usually a lot at them. A lot of what, I don't know. It certainly sounds fun and a great opportunity to get information and talk to other vendors and get new ideas and find solutions to problems you may have. I've never been to one myself, but I am definately planning to go to one within the next 2 years. I haven't been on a vacation in 4 years and I am ready!!!!

You just missed BOSS!!!! These things don't travel Tiffeney, and none around pits!

There are SO MANY things to do. Chat with friends, and BS about vending. Time flies. There are Dist. of all kinds (machines, toys, cranes, amusement games) auctions, door prizes, speakers (roger folz the big speaker this year, and every year) Cranes, everything vending! I love these things. If you think these boards are fun...... 

Did you go to BOSS Kyle? If so can you give us some highlights?

• 2 weeks later...

If you read BVA, you will find that most everybody there is very pro BOSS.  It's about all they can talk about this time of year.  However, the only BOSS related things anybody will talk about are the drinking and dinners and the poker games, and Golden P.   NOBODY talks about anything vending related that happens. 

I don't know about you, but I'm not a drinker, and I don't play poker, and I don't flirt with strippers, I'm not a BSer, I don't like to shoot the sh1t, etc.  So judging by the goings-ons at those shows, I have to wonder how beneficial they would be to attend.

Last month I had to fly out to Boulder for a team building event for my work.  While there were a few meetings, everybody wanted to go out each night to a different restaurant and drink and shoot the breeze.  I don't like to drink that much, and I can only play pool so much, and I can only shoot the breeze so much with people I don't know.  I was there for only 5 days, but it was 4 days too long.

The goings-on that happens at BOSS sounds like just as much fun to me as that.

I've never been to BOSS but NBVA was fun.

I'm not a drinker eather. They had a party and dinner. Some got really trashed, others didn't. I gave away my (and my wifes and step brothers) 2 free drink coupons. I ate and talked. Mostly in the hall outside of the party. Had some GREAT conversations. Learned some new spins on the business.