Just getting started-brand type recommendations?

decath6431

Hi everyone.  I'm sure this topic has probably been covered before but as it seems like some of the companies people prefer have closed recently I was curious what people might suggest for someone just starting?  I'm looking to purchase a double or triple head machine and would like to buy the same brands moving forward for consistency.  Anyone using the  machines from candymachines.com like the one in my pic?  I'm looking more for stands than racks.  Is it cheaper to always get the stand/machine together or any advantage to getting them separate?  Thanks in advance.

IMG_1670.PNG

I would buy used if I was starting out. Oaks or Eagles would be my preference. The triples (though I have a lot) aren't something I would buy because, as has been stated, they're just not as versatile. If I was just starting out, I would buy single or doubles, I'd sell gumballs and bouncy balls, or gumballs only, and then I'd build from there. Fastest return on investment, easier to reinvest, low start up costs. 

37 minutes ago, AMD Snacks said:

I would buy used if I was starting out. Oaks or Eagles would be my preference. The triples (though I have a lot) aren't something I would buy because, as has been stated, they're just not as versatile. If I was just starting out, I would buy single or doubles, I'd sell gumballs and bouncy balls, or gumballs only, and then I'd build from there. Fastest return on investment, easier to reinvest, low start up costs. 

Thank you for the input.  I think I will take your advice and the double seem to be a nice compromise between the single and triples.  Can I ask if you would buy the stands separate or look for them all together?  It seems like many of the used I see on eBay for example are machine only.  Also, curious as to why bouncy balls vs. a type of candy is. Skittles?  Thanks again for your help.

Normally you have to buy the stands separate. The shipping can be pricey, but they last forever. If you can look at your local craigslist or offerup or whatever used app, and see if you can buy junk machines just for the stands. Sometimes that helps. Hard candies are good too, skittles, runts, I do well with Mike and ikes in my climate, some people can't because they're too hot. 

The bouncy balls might just be a personal observation, but I have a variety of machines, doubles, singles, triples, racks, all selling candy, toys, gumballs, bouncy balls. And what i've noticed is, my .25 items make more money, relatively, and gumballs and bouncy balls are easy to track. 1 item, is one sale, no need to wonder about misvends or product loss. 

But all this depends on the location. If it's an all adult location, or a break room, obviously you don't want toys. 

58 minutes ago, AMD Snacks said:

Normally you have to buy the stands separate. The shipping can be pricey, but they last forever. If you can look at your local craigslist or offerup or whatever used app, and see if you can buy junk machines just for the stands. Sometimes that helps. Hard candies are good too, skittles, runts, I do well with Mike and ikes in my climate, some people can't because they're too hot. 

The bouncy balls might just be a personal observation, but I have a variety of machines, doubles, singles, triples, racks, all selling candy, toys, gumballs, bouncy balls. And what i've noticed is, my .25 items make more money, relatively, and gumballs and bouncy balls are easy to track. 1 item, is one sale, no need to wonder about misvends or product loss. 

But all this depends on the location. If it's an all adult location, or a break room, obviously you don't want toys. 

Thank you so much for the input, I really appreciate it.  And that's a good idea also to look for parts machines that have usable stands.  Thanks

Archived