Just starting

701vender

Hello, I purchased 25 of the mint boxes from Sheridan. I ordered one 175 Ct York patties box, I quickly realized that each box can fit 150 of them. Have 10 more boxes otw. The locator is starting on Monday. My question is... how many honor boxes do you think a city of 50,000 can handle? No other major cities within an hour and a half drive. I would like to order more of these and also get into snack boxes, to complement my new bulk route. 

I think a community of about 50,000 should be able to support about 300 hundred boxes. However their is a lot of turn over with the mint boxes. So you want to build your route 25 to 50 boxes at a time. Cause you are going to get a lot of your boxes back. I get about 10% to 15% of my boxes back (for one reason or another) after they are placed. 

Good luck

On 2/3/2018 at 4:37 PM, 701vender said:

Hello, I purchased 25 of the mint boxes from Sheridan. I ordered one 175 Ct York patties box, I quickly realized that each box can fit 150 of them. Have 10 more boxes otw. The locator is starting on Monday. My question is... how many honor boxes do you think a city of 50,000 can handle? No other major cities within an hour and a half drive. I would like to order more of these and also get into snack boxes, to complement my new bulk route. 

Congrats on your new venture.  I don't now much about the mint honor boxes, but as for snack boxes, I a city of 50,000 possibly could handle 300 boxes.  There are many variables, however, because I have towns that have rather small populations, but ALOT of commercial businesses and some large populations that are primarily residential.  If the community has a strong industrial presence and several large retail/office strips, it's possible to gain a couple hundred accounts.  But if the commercial areas are light and scattered (or low-income with many closed businesses), it will be a struggle to locate 300 accounts.  Now doing a combination of mint boxes and snack boxes is more plausible.  Try to look at them as different offerings targeting different business types.  Mint/lollipop boxes are "front counter" boxes located primarily in restaurants and businesses with a front counter for customers.  Snack trays are a "back room/break room" box that is a service for the employees of the business.  Between the two, you should be able to accumulate a LARGE assortment of accounts, making 300 accounts more attainable.  What part of the country are you located where your hometown is so isolated from other towns?  

Best of luck to you! :) 

1 hour ago, 701vender said:

Thank you, the next 25, I will try out the snack boxes. Have been reading a lot of info about those. North Dakota

I have owned my Honor Snack company for 25 years.  Be happy to answer any questions or give any advice to help you out.  North Dakota seems to be booming now with the oil industry.  You should have a lot of potential for growth.

Archived