Locator Script

statik27

I'm still gearing up to place my first machine, gosh there is a lot more involved in all this then I though, but I'm having fun.

So I'm wondering, if when using a locator is it usual or at all possible to see a copy of the script used by the telemarketer is pitching our machines. The idea being that if we see something we don't like we can taylor it to our own satisfaction. I know, I know, just locate it yourself, but I think using an experienced salesman to start, is my case, would be best.

Thanks,

Statik

• 1 month later...

Learn how to b.s and lie like crazy...This is what I've learned they do! There's no magic formula here, just make stuff up and have fun...It's only a person and the very worse thing they can say is no...It's not that they don't like you, it's just what you're offering them; they might not like the product. If you're married have you better-half drive you around while you take a shot and pitch, it makes it less painful.:cool:Don't forget to chew a mint too.LOL

Well, here is what most locators will say in a nut shell. They all emphasise the charity and usually never mention a vending machine. It goes something like this...

"Hello, we are in your area today doing some fund raising for XYZ charity. Now we are not asking for any money, but can you donate a small one foot area of space for a small candy dispenser? We provide the products and do all of the servicing."

Well there is nothing untrue about that pitch is there? After all. if you placed zero machines, then zero dollars would be raised for the charity. But always beware of double negatives!

Notice the pitch is all about the charity. Notice the words "Vending Machine" were never mentioned either.

It is a very effective pitch to get into places.

Some downsides with that pitch are...

1. The location may think that you work for the charity, rather than being an independent business person.

2. The location may think that most of the money goes to the charity.

3. A low level manager who is sympathetic to your charity may make an "authorized" decision to allow your charity candy dispenser without consulting with the owner. The low level manager authorized your CHARITY, but the owner can veto your VENDING MACHINE.

4. Because the words "Vending Machine" are not mentioned, sometimes the location thinks they are getting a counter top honor/donation box. They can freak out when you drag a vending machine on a stand in with you.

Charity vending IS A SPIN JOB - plain and simple. Like anything else, it has it's pros and cons.

Jax