New member with a question about a Beaver RB 16

Greg F

First off a little about myself I've been in retail for over 5 years now. The wife and myself own a retail store in our local mall. About 8 months ago I run across Northwestern bubble gum vending machine and decided to put it in the store and it's done very well. Well last week I run across two Beaver machines with a stand at a very attractive price.

Now on to my question one of the machines has a dispensing wheel that is large enough for jawbreakers which my plan is to replace with a small candy dispensing wheel. The other machine has the small dispensing wheel that is adjustable and I have it set to the smallest setting. The problem that I'm having is that it is dispensing anywhere from 12 to 15 plain M&Ms every time. I would like to be somewhere in the 8 to 12 range. Keep in mind that I am new and currently only own three machines and have no clue of what I'm doing but I am always looking to learn more. Is there a different wheel that I can purchase so I can dispense last M&M's at one time? I would like to get both of these machine set-up to dispense M&Ms and Skittles so all your help would be appreciated and getting these figured out.

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the way the beaver dispensing wheel is set up but just in case it has the wheel that has three triangles in it and then the adjusting plate fits on top with notches and then the brushes go on top of that. 

Thanks for all the help Greg.

IMG_20190420_141201.jpg

you can order it from beaver or find it on ebay, its called a shallow candy wheel, the smallest setting on your current wheel will b be the largest setting on the shallow wheel. they are about the same price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-x-SHALLOW-HOUSING-FOR-RB16-BEAVER-VENDING-MACHINE-CONVERSION-WHEEL-PARTS/143166895824?hash=item21556976d0:g:Z6wAAOSwi7RZI4dp

the piece on here is only the top piece, you would need to get a bottom piece as well.

Archived