HI....Soon to be new Vendor in VA

andyinchville

HI All,

I am a soon to be new vendor....I will be purchasing a route in June. Currently I am a self employed in Lawn Care and was looking for some additional income and income during the winter months...I think (err hope!) this will be just the ticket.

The route I am buying is a snack route that has been in existence for 15+ years.

The route has 50+ locations and will come with 60+ machines.

I also just recently bought 4 U Turn bulk machines and 1 vendstar 2000 off eBay

I plan on putting these machines near the snack machines to kill 2 birds w/ 1 stop.

This is a great forum and I really enjoy reading and learning.

Thanks!

Andrew

Andrew,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you jumped in big time with that route. Sure you'll get your questions answered here in the forum. I sure have.

Be sure to check out the "Shop and Swap" area of our forum with sections for both Ebay and Craigslist. There are always alot of deals posted on here and you wouldn't want to miss out on one by not reading the ads. If you'll post what area you are in I'll keep an eye open for machines in your area.

nam

Hi Andrew,

I think I'm just an hour down the road from you and just got started myself. Might be fun to have someone close to compare/compete with (not meaning to compete for the same locations.)

nam, I assume he's in Charlottesville, VA which sucks for Craigslist vending ads (only a dozen or so a month including the listings for Harrisonburg.)

Scott

HI,

Thanks guys....I am looking forward to trying vending....Really sounds like a good opportunity

Mr Een....Sounds good to me....I go through the Richmond area every 2 weeks because my main business (so far) is Lawn Maintenance....Maybe we can meet sometime for lunch for something sometime...

Andrew

Sounds good to me Andrew, but it'll probably have to wait until summer for me. My other job is really hectic right now, but hopefully will settle down by then. I do look forward to it, though!

Scott

Need some advice. My wife and I have been looking at buying some bulk candy machines. Which should we go with in your opinion and is there truly any profit to be made. We have heard such conflicting stories about the profit to be make. Of course the sales people we have spoken to all speak roses and $75,000 gross on 50 machines. Are these numbers even in the ball park. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

candyman_1984,

My advice, and I'm new here myself, is;

Stop! Slowly step away from your wallet.

Now, take some time to read through as much of this forum as you can before you spend large sums of money.

Those figures represent $125 per machine per month and while you may very well end up with some locations doing that, you'll also have many do closer to $10 per month.

I see from your other post you were ready to buy from U-Turn for around $750 per machine. You can find MANY deals on ebay and Craigslist at or less than $100 per. These often include new machines in the boxes from people that made the mistake you almost made.

You might want to consider buying a few good condition machines and trying things out to see if you want to continue doing it. If you like it, you can often find people selling large numbers of machines at way less than half of the original cost.

Hope that helps,

Scott