LLC BEWARE OF SCAM

There is a new scam that was just mailed out in California. It targets small businesses that are LLC's. The scam is sent to your LLC name and address. It tells you that you need to act by paying $228 for your LLC review by April 30th or you will get an additional late fee of $250. It looks very offical so you can be fooled very easily. I almost sent them $228 but decided to check them out on the internet.

It is just in California right now but I am sure it go around the states. See attached link for more information.

http://www.free-ebusinesshelp.com/start-e-business/annual-review-board-scam-california-llc.html

Gary

Wow, how do these guys get away with this stuff? How do they get the checks made out to the state and be able to deposit them in a bank account. And that would leave a pretty good trail directly to the con men doing this. Don't know how they can get away with it.

They're too busy catching us speeders maybe! lol Anyone else have these new photo cameras that take your picture and send you a ticket in the mail? I get this offical letter from the police dept. and I'm of course wondering what the heck is this. It's a ticket with me speeding and a $200 fine. Now here is some serious crime - they caught me!   :shock:

nam

You can form a company with any name you want, as long as it is not taken. With those docs you can open up a checking account.

The key is the fine print. They make everything look official then in micro type it says we are not the government.

This is also used by some "Yellow Page" directories. They send out a letter that says confirm you address. The fine print say it cost $500 if you send it in.