Taking the Plunge

BruceRehm

Hi Everyone,

I have been researching getting started with some bulk candy machines.  I almost took the plunge several years ago and now wish I had back then.  I am currently researching and reading everything I can on this forum.

I currently own an Inflatable Moonwalk and Slide business and before I started that, I spent weeks on a forum reading every post and learning all that I could.   Forums are an excellent source of information and knowledge.

I am looking on craigslist and ebay and am finding some really good deals.  Much better than the 'business opportunities' are offering.

I plan to place the machines myself along with my wifes help.  We both have a lot of experience of cold calling and marketing experience.

I look forward to continuing to learn from everyone on this forum.

Thank You

Bruce

Welcome to the group. We have all your information covered here, just ask if you don't see it. If you can fill out your location in the profile so we can get a better idea where you are located. Why not try and leave a candy machine when you place the moon bounce. That would be a way to score a little more if it was a large gathering.

Bruce,

Welcome to our forum. I too have been in more than one forum and have found them to be a great learning tool. I looked for and bought a couple books on bulk candy vending but nothing compares with what you can learn here in Vendiscuss.

Happy to see you are already looking for deals on used machines on craigslist and ebay. Be sure to check out our Shop and Swap section as you'll see alot of good deals there as well. I'd suggest checking more than just your local area too. Sometimes the best deals may require a bit of a drive to go get them but also well worth it. Buying used will let you get alot more machines out there making money for sure. You may also find alot of brand new machines still in their factory boxes that people are wanting to sell at a fraction of what they paid new.

Well, enjoy reading all the posts you can obsorb over the next few days and everyone will be very willing to answer any questions you may have. Look forward to seeing you here often.

nam

Thank you Beer.

I am just down the road from you in the Tampa Bay area.  I will update my information so that it is displayed.

I had originally thought about leaving a machine with the inflatables but would need to talk to the parents as most of the parties are backyard parties.  Definitely something to consider.

Bruce

Thanks nam.

I am currently looking at some new in box machines and some very good condition used machines.  Five years ago I was going to buy everything new.  Boy am I glad I didn't.

Looks like I may have already placed three or four machines so I need to get them in by this weekend.  Fortunately I know the owners of the companies so I am not concerned about them changing their minds.

Bruce

• 2 months later...