Lead Paint on Bulk Vending Machines?

AltShiftK

I bought got a fun weekend project idea to try and restore a bulk vending machine. The specific model is the Oak Vista 350, and I started to do some research about the specific vending machine. I wasn't able to find a lot of information, so I was left with a few questions. The one that was most concerning is the possibility of lead paint on the exterior of the machine. 

I'm very new to the world of vending, so I don't have any past experience. Does anyone who has this type of machine or know anything related that could confirm if it does or does not contain any harmful lead paint? Thanks!

11 minutes ago, gumball guy said:

The use of lead paint was banned in 1971 and I have never heard anyone convey that lead paint was ever used on vending machines even before that. Oak was always an industry leader and one of the best selling machines since 1948 so if there was ever a lead issue with the paint I am guessing I would have heard about it in the last 20 years. I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you are going to sand it and are still concerned then use a respirator and do it in an open, well ventilated area (like outside in the yard).

Here is a link to a story on this website that gives a little history about Oak Manufacturing:

Thanks for the response! This certainly makes me less paranoid. :) 

Just to be sure, I'll pick up some lead test kits to be on the safe side, but other than that, I'm excited to get started!

Edited by AltShiftK