Rainbow Crane CM24 - Error 04

landsmo

Hey Everyone! 

New to the forum; I found you guys looking for a solution. My CM24 has been stopping mid-turn, becoming unresponsive to the joystick. This usually occurs after a couple plays. When the claw finally returns to home position, it will stop about three inches from the left bottom corner and smack into the front wall about three times, and then slide the remaining few inches left to return home. Then I will get the error code "0.4", which in multiple manuals is a couple different meanings. I've found "Left Limit Open" or "X-port left limit switch open" or "carriage did not go home".

I'm not a technician, and I really don't know quite how to fix this. Would anyone have any resources in how to identify the left switch, or how to replace it? As well as where to purchase the correct switches? Helpful Youtube videos, or pictures of their own claw machine? I've attempted calling Jose at NEN (800-466-3711) based on an older post, and that number seems disconnected. I've also called NEN directly and left a voicemail. 

Anything would be a huge help!

Jameson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The above Answer by RoadDog is likely the issue for anyone lurking this post in the future. I got mine fixed.

For me it was on of the orange wires in the wire harness on the actual crane. It was completely broken reconnecting the wire immediately fixed the issue. But to get around this error so you can get to the play mode by manually holding both the y / x limit switches on the crane for a second or kind of clicking them in and out. From there you can tell which motor isn't getting power. 

If it is the x motor, you likely have a break in the wire from the capacitor the orange / red or orange / black. Or the capacitor itself went bad.

Feel free to message me on here if you have any questions. I am generally responsive.