Seaga Millennia Help!

Dewzie

Hello All,

I am looking for some help with my, what I believe to be, Seaga Millennia vending machine. My sister-in-law recently pulled hers out of storage for my nephew. We are having a problem getting the key to turn. We have the SM109 key. I've tried everything I can think of to get the mechanism to unlock to no avail. I'm considering just drilling the lock out and replacing it, but I can't seem to find a replacement lock anywhere. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to get the key to turn or does anyone know where I can find a replacement lock for the machine. I've attached a photo for reference.

68141632963__BAA3B244-5126-4762-8D1E-2EB2084F96F5.jpg

16 hours ago, Dewzie said:

Hello All,

I am looking for some help with my, what I believe to be, Seaga Millennia vending machine. My sister-in-law recently pulled hers out of storage for my nephew. We are having a problem getting the key to turn. We have the SM109 key. I've tried everything I can think of to get the mechanism to unlock to no avail. I'm considering just drilling the lock out and replacing it, but I can't seem to find a replacement lock anywhere. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to get the key to turn or does anyone know where I can find a replacement lock for the machine. I've attached a photo for reference.

68141632963__BAA3B244-5126-4762-8D1E-2EB2084F96F5.jpg

Those key/locks were often problematic and would occasionally stick especially if they we tightened down too aggressively. This is what I would do first..... Secure the base of the machine so when you are applying pressure trying to turn the key that the entire unit doesn't want to turn with it. Insert the key, then take a pair of needle nose pliers and grip the key as close to the lock/lid as possible so you reduce the torque on the middle of the key and the chances of breaking the key. Gently begin applying counter clockwise pressure to the key with the pliers and see if it breaks free. I have used this method dozens of times over the years for stubborn locks with great success. I have never used a lubricant prior to using this method because I was usually on site and in a hurry but if you want to use one on the perimeter of the lock (where the lock makes contact with the lid) and in the lock a couple hours before attempting this it won't hurt.

Now if the lock is defective and seized the above method won't work and the lock will need to be dealt with differently. Let me know if the above suggestion works for you. If it doesn't I will PM you with another method to attempt prior to drilling. As far as locks go, that machine uses a standard plug lock so they are very easy to replace. This is one example:

https://www.gumballstuff.com/gumballstuff-lock-and-key-with-1-4-thread/