Wizard spiral machine no keys

AJ519

Someone is selling a wizard gumball machine with no keys on FB marketplace. If I have to drill the locks, any suggestions on ensuring I get all of the metal bits out?

Edited by AJ519

8 hours ago, AJ519 said:

Someone is selling a wizard gumball machine with no keys on FB marketplace. If I have to drill the locks, any suggestions on ensuring I get all of the metal bits out?

I would probably lay it on it's side, secure it in that position and drill it that way. It would avoid metal flakes from falling straight down towards the gumball wheel. Once you're done drilling, leave the machine in that position, scoop the old gumballs out by hand then you should be able to use a wet rag to wipe out any metal flakes or debris that may gather on the side of the globe. One other thing....Wizards are designed for high volume locations like malls so keep that in mind. If you fill it up and put it in a mediocre location you will end up with a bunch of stale gumballs that will be as hard as rocks. They are not a practical machine for most venues due to size and capacity.

5 hours ago, gumball guy said:

I would probably lay it on it's side, secure it in that position and drill it that way. It would avoid metal flakes from falling straight down towards the gumball wheel. Once you're done drilling, leave the machine in that position, scoop the old gumballs out by hand then you should be able to use a wet rag to wipe out any metal flakes or debris that may gather on the side of the globe. One other thing....Wizards are designed for high volume locations like malls so keep that in mind. If you fill it up and put it in a mediocre location you will end up with a bunch of stale gumballs that will be as hard as rocks. They are not a practical machine for most venues due to size and capacity.

Thanks for that! My current wizard style machine is in a pizza shop. It seems to be getting around 2.00 in sales per day which is by far my best seller but yeah unfortunately I dont have an amazing location like a mall. 

An idea I have is to put bouncy balls in it instead of gumballs. Bouncy balls sell like crazy.

Edited by AJ519
  • Like 1