Plinko Vending Machine

QuickVends

Does anyone have any history on these machines? 

AZ advised to avoid mechanical machines, prior to his advice I'd already had this machine in transit.  

It has a Beaver coin mechanism, it takes 25cents and requires a 12V battery in the back to dispense a prize if the "player" hits the win column. 

I'm just curious about any history behind the machines (Year produced, who produced them, etc).

I'd also like to know if anyone has any advice on the following:

1. Where to get a bottom lock for it, seems to be missing and requires a tubular style lock similar to what mailboxes have. 

2. Does anyone have any advice on what the prize should be, traditionally it was a bouncy ball, I've noticed most have switched to just making another gumball as the prize.

3. Is it possible to change the coin mechanism to either require two quarters so fifty cents or to make it require a loonie ($1).

Thank You 

15d4fe4c-e7c6-4b6c-9d57-aaa1bcb8df19.webp

This seems to be a bulk vending or amusement type machine. AZ’s advice against mechanicals is only applicable to full line (snack/soda) not bulk machines. Just FYI, there is a dedicated sub forum for bulk vending.

To answer your question, you can look up how to measure for a cam lock and order one that fits that way. As for the mechanism you will need to call up Beaver and order a mech setup for whatever coins/pricing you want. Then swap out the mechs. Note that you might need to swap out the gear/sprocket on the back from the old mech to the new, as some specialty machines used oddball sprockets.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, orsd said:

This seems to be a bulk vending or amusement type machine. AZ’s advice against mechanicals is only applicable to full line (snack/soda) not bulk machines. Just FYI, there is a dedicated sub forum for bulk vending.

To answer your question, you can look up how to measure for a cam lock and order one that fits that way. As for the mechanism you will need to call up Beaver and order a mech setup for whatever coins/pricing you want. Then swap out the mechs. Note that you might need to swap out the gear/sprocket on the back from the old mech to the new, as some specialty machines used oddball sprockets.

Okay thanks 👍 that makes sense. 

So bulk vending is when it's basically just one item and it is food?

Amusement makes sense for this as it's part game. I wasn't sure as gum is eaten (technically not meant to be swallowed). I wasn't sure what section to put this in. Hopefully a moderator/administrator can move it to the Bulk/Amusement side as you'd suggested. 

Thanks for the clarification I'd thought AZ meant literally anything that's mechanical should be left alone and only focus on more modern electrical type units. 

I've yet to source any of his recommended brands/models I'm keeping my eye out. 

Most of the used options I'm finding are mainly mechanical or aren't listing the brand/model and from photos don't match what AZ mentioned. 

I'd also read a guide that suggests getting locations secured prior to getting machines, however I feel that's more valid for New instead of Used as you can order New anytime used is only available on a whim.

Thanks again for your feedback.

1 minute ago, orsd said:

You should decide on what type of vending you want to start with. Bulk or full line. They are pretty different in terms of how each type of operation is run.

Bulk - Gumballs?

Full Line - Chips, Pop, Chocolate bars?

Is it uncommon to do both.

At this point I've got:

6 plastic mechanical pringles machines.

1 metal mechanical pringles machine.

1 mechanical pop machine.

1 mechanical snack machine.

1 electrical snack machine.

1 amusement gumball machine

A few peanut/gumball machines.

In the process of getting 1 condom vending machine (mechanical), unsure if they are even really a thing anymore, just found one for a decent price and thought why not LOL.

All in around 15 machines. 

I thought it would be a good start.

It’s fairly uncommon for large operators to do both.

I’d say your spreading yourself too thin right now. I’d dump the mechanical soda, snack, and pringles machines for whatever I could get for them and focus on getting the gumball/candy machines out there. I’d skip the condom vendor, and keep my eyes open for a good electronic soda machine IF I wanted to do full line.

• Thanks 1