odd size flat vending machine questions

bendingmachine

hello, I recently came across some flat vending machines that have inside columns the size of trading cards - standard size cardboard envelopes won't work, I can't seem to find cardboard envelopes in this size (roughly 7cm x 9cm) but cards in penny sleeves *kind* of work - however, they consistently vend 2 cards at once when I do this. Does anyone know how a machine like this originally vended cards and stickers? do I need thicker sleeves to vend one at a time? I'm worried about jamming it as well. Are machines of this size common? I can hardly find any information, and can't find any manufacturer information on the machines. I'm interested in getting a few more machines, but most the listings don't seem to list the column dimensions.

6 hours ago, bendingmachine said:

hello, I recently came across some flat vending machines that have inside columns the size of trading cards - standard size cardboard envelopes won't work, I can't seem to find cardboard envelopes in this size (roughly 7cm x 9cm) but cards in penny sleeves *kind* of work - however, they consistently vend 2 cards at once when I do this. Does anyone know how a machine like this originally vended cards and stickers? do I need thicker sleeves to vend one at a time? I'm worried about jamming it as well. Are machines of this size common? I can hardly find any information, and can't find any manufacturer information on the machines. I'm interested in getting a few more machines, but most the listings don't seem to list the column dimensions.

Going forward it is always a good idea to include pictures of the machine in question. Personally, I don't remember running across any machines like this but hopefully someone on here has and will reply. Mainstream contemporary flat vending machines accommodate the 3" x 4.5" sleeves/card holders. The machine you have sounds like it is designed to vend the card only, which undoubtedly will end with a jam and makes it impossible to vend stickers and tats.  I used Allstar, Sticker Mania, Sticker Universe and Steiner back in the day and they all used the cardboard sleeves. You can always reach out to the source you are buying from to confirm the column dimensions prior to purchase just to make sure.

• Like 1