Buying from ebay

car

Wow I'm on a roll here! 

If your just starting out in the vending business,  should you buy used on ebay? When looking at what's for sale, what should look for. More importantly what should you stay away from?

I will say that I have had good success on Ebay so far... (4)  1800 machines and 5 pipestands. I also sell on ebay. Look at the feedback of who is selling the item. Ask very specific questions to the seller and try to get new instead of used when you can. If the seller has a listing for 1 item but has more available try to negotiate a good price on more than one item. That is just some general Ebay info. I'm sure that you will get a few other responses as well.

Good Luck!

David

I agree with David, the companies that you see like xyz, amerivend etc., they are pretty good about taking care of stuff, I would be less confident of individual sellers when you are not able to see equipt., for that I think craigslist is a better source.

Jimbo

Ebay can be good and can be bad. I still say that to start you should buy 1 head form Oak or A&A w/ a Gumball wheel. Get a Stand from Amerivend, on ebay search for vending stand. Get some gum from Sam's Club. Find a charity. Locate the machine.

See if you like the process first, then dive in.

ebay can be good but it can also be ridiculous. I was bidding on a used V-line double head and the most I was willing to pay was 60.00. By the end of the auction it was up to 140.00 for a double head used. You can buy a brand new one for less than that.

Mike

Thats what happens when people get caught up in a bidding war. They let their emotions take over. It is always best to decide what you are willing to pay for something and don't bid a penny more.

Steve

I've bought all my machines off ebay,at first I was buying anything that looked good.Didn't take long to realize that there not what they seem.Then I only bid on new machines except snack & soda machines.If you keep your bids to 50% of new then you should be ok.Just watch out for elevated shipping charges(sellers try to make up extra profit this way).

John

• 2 weeks later...
I think it is a good way to start for most people. I researched all the machines that I was interested in and what they cost new. Then I just watched those auctions to see what others were paying and kinda set my limit. You have to watch what the shipping is because somme seem to pad it with profit. I agree that people get carried away and over bid sometimes.